Suggestion Whitelisting false positives from the filter

SgtBud

Reactions
2 5 0
Rather than have the difficult task of redesigning the filter or anything such as that, I propose we simply whitelist some phrases/words.

For example, the word open! is a false positive. I propose we make " open! " whtelisted, so it's allowed past the filter. Notice the space before it and after it, so it's only allowed past the filter if it's a word by itself. (I am aware the format to whitelist a word may not be as simple as whitelisting " open! ")
Obviously it'd be impractical for Monis to single-handedly think of every phrase/word that would need to be whitelisted, so I suggest that us players instead just comment false positives we find on a thread, or even on an external site, or even over discord to a staff member/etc privately.
Someone could then, or even Monis could then, change that into a format which can be recognised by the plugin in a file, and Monis can simply paste in the list. Of course the false positives players put forward would need to be vetted by staff/etc.
This could be a process that is always going on, and the filter simply updated once a month, then once every 3 months, etc as the need for it becomes less common.

As a tl;dr: Players put forward false positives, Monis whitelists them from the filter, the filter is slowly fixed.

Blocksanity

Reactions
294 8 0
There are a lot of false positives Monis won’t have the time to go an whitelist all of them, plus he is already working on fixing the filter as “gay” is now allowed to be said. Be patient, the filter will be perfect soon enough.
Voting no

SgtBud

Reactions
2 5 0
There are a lot of false positives Monis won’t have the time to go an whitelist all of them, plus he is already working on fixing the filter as “gay” is now allowed to be said. Be patient, the filter will be perfect soon enough.
Voting no
I'm proposing we find the false-positives and put them in a format where they are able to simply be pasted into a file (if that's how the plugin works), and I'm happy to put them in that format. Monis would have to simply copy and paste it, after staff approved it or himself. The reason gay is now allowed to be said is it was removed from the filter which is pretty simple: the overall task of fixing all false positives will likely be difficult. This is a simpler way to do it, I think at least.

Reactions
98 0 0
Rather than have the difficult task of redesigning the filter or anything such as that, I propose we simply whitelist some phrases/words.

For example, the word open! is a false positive. I propose we make " open! " whtelisted, so it's allowed past the filter. Notice the space before it and after it, so it's only allowed past the filter if it's a word by itself. (I am aware the format to whitelist a word may not be as simple as whitelisting " open! ")
Obviously it'd be impractical for Monis to single-handedly think of every phrase/word that would need to be whitelisted, so I suggest that us players instead just comment false positives we find on a thread, or even on an external site, or even over discord to a staff member/etc privately.
Someone could then, or even Monis could then, change that into a format which can be recognised by the plugin in a file, and Monis can simply paste in the list. Of course the false positives players put forward would need to be vetted by staff/etc.
This could be a process that is always going on, and the filter simply updated once a month, then once every 3 months, etc as the need for it becomes less common.

As a tl;dr: Players put forward false positives, Monis whitelists them from the filter, the filter is slowly fixed.
The chat filter has been due for an update for some time. Don't expect this to be added as an upgrade to the existing filter, it is more likely that the filter will be rewritten from scratch in the near future and something similar to this may be added to reduce the amount of false positives.

Good to see you back :)

brighhton

Reactions
363 0 0
I actually don't mind the idea, it seems like a simple way to clean the filter up a little bit. It would at least ease up the pressure from frustrated users for monis to fix the chat filter.