Suggestion stop this racism

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by cookiesplaysmc, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:33 PM.

?

i want to see what people say

Poll closed Sunday at 1:46 AM.
  1. no pepe the frog

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. keep pepe the frog

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. cookiesplaysmc

cookiesplaysmc New Member

i am jewish and i feel very offended everyttime someone mentions pepe the frog
    ik you would say but its just a meme
    no it is not just a meme it is a hate symbol also
    here is proof
    [link removed]

please edit the chat block plugins and prevent people from even mentioning pepe the frog
    if people build it in any way i want people to report it and mods to remove it and do whatever the server requires them to do please i beg of you stop this racism

#1 cookiesplaysmc, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:33 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 11:17 PM
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Fluent_In_Food

Fluent_In_Food New Member

I couldn't agree more

3. cookiesplaysmc

please dont get mad at me for the link and other content it may have or even the pictures i just want to make the server a better place

4. Kqwi

Kqwi Chat Moderator
    Chat Moderator

Voting No, as the normal Pepe the Frog and most of the Pepe versions are not racist. Some people have just made racist versions of Pepe, which can be done with a lot of other characters too, which would all have to be banned too. I can see where you're coming from and I'm against racism as well, but banning a whole meme just because there are a few racist versions of it, is a little too much in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cookiesplaysmc

the meme is considered a hate symbol

6. StealTheCake

StealTheCake Active Member

That's not a reason to stop everybody from even mentioning it because you're a little offended by it, I bet you wouldn't care if it was the suicidal stuff. Infact I don't think this thread would be here if you hadn't found that one particular picture that offended you personally.
    And like Kqwi said;
    This is not a good reason to ban the entire meme from even being mentioned!
    THERE ARE RACIST VERSIONS OF A LOT OF MEMES!1!1111!1!
    Sorry if this came off as rude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChristmasEv

ChristmasEv Website Moderator
    Server Moderator Website Moderator

I've removed the link due to one picture in it.
    That is one 'meme' that people have created from the original meme. This meme has been around for a long time and probably won't be removed. Even in the same website as you found the picture was evidence showing that the pepe meme was not originally racist. upload_2017-12-6_22-57-20.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. cookiesplaysmc

9. mimlovesyou

mimlovesyou Well-Known Member

I don't think that the version of the meme was racist or intended to be offensive, probably just a tasteless and inappropriate attempt to be funny lol. I'm sorry that it offends you but not all Pepe memes should be punished because of one Pepe bad meme.

wot has the world come to?

10. cookiesplaysmc

it makes me sick how you let people use it pepe the frog is as bad as a swastika
    witch i do understand if you want to keep using it there is a lot of things in this world that are offensive i just wanted to bring to your attention to this one and how it offended me and im sorry if i offended anyone

11. Mayacchi

Mayacchi Well-Known Member

Pepe is a stale meme anyway

12. cookiesplaysmc

true is is a dying meme and i'm happy it is

13. _OmniiPotent_

_OmniiPotent_ Well-Known Member

Is this seriously the point we’re getting to? Someone is offended by a meme frog?
    Sorry snowflake, but we’re not going to ban a meme just because you can make it offensive.
    I can photoshop a racist symbol onto a squirrel, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to ban squirrels.

I would strongly recommend re-evaluating your life.

I would also recommend to learn how to grammars the proper so that you be may ables to form proper argument can.

#13 _OmniiPotent_, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:33 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. T16

T16 Active Member

Anything can be converted into a hate symbol with a small bit of editing. As Omni said with the squirrel example. I understand it may offend you but try to see it in the way it was intended as a practical meme rather then what somebody has converted it into.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MasterChief224

MasterChief224 New Member

I vote no as pepe will live no matter what people love the frog and just putting a offensive symbol on 1 picture makes it something that has to be stopped also i doubt it is easy to find as offensive pepe memes are very hard to find if you want to find em youd have to be a good damn internet engineer.

16. StealTheCake

StealTheCake Active Member

As much as I disagree with this thread, it's really not hard to find offensive Pepe memes. Infact on the first page of looking up 'Pepe the frog' in images, there's something racist if you scroll down some.
    But I don't think the meme should be completely stopped from even being mentioned because of that.

17. Dvrkness

Dvrkness Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to say no.
    it's only when people MAKE it offensive in chat, I've seen people getting upset because someone just mentions Pepe, or says 'kek'. If someone was making a racist comment with that Pepe meme, they would be muted for it, because racism is against the rules, but just mentioning 'Pepe' probably won't be added as something to need a mute for.

18. MasterChief224

MasterChief224 New Member

I agree with anyone who says no as pepe is great no offense to anyone who hates pepe but there is many versions so just for offensive versions to ban pepe is really crazy and no one makes it offensive on the server as barely anyone uses it and if someone does they dont use it offenisvley and just for saying pepe you get muted or the word is banned wont make people who like memes happy.

19. BaguetteInSpace

BaguetteInSpace New Member

If the message or building of pepe the frog is racist to where it needs to be removed/muted then it's taken care of. I see where you're coming from, but the whole meme isn't racist. I'm kinda saying what MasterChief224 is saying, just in a more readable form (No offense but your grammar is horrible). I vote No, sorry.

20. _OmniiPotent_

_OmniiPotent_ Well-Known Member

why does this thread still exist, it's not going anywhere, and every point that could be made, has already been made. This clearly isn't happening so could someone please lock this thread?
    @Kqwi
    @IAmAFox
    (I'm not sure if you guys can lock threads)

• About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store