Should I create a CF News Thread Series thingy?

Should I make a cf news thread series? (Leave your reasons why if you choose one

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Definately

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Absolutely (gravity falls reference)

• No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Idk bro it's your life

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Lol definately no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • too many poll choices (don't vote on this one)

• Sure but I have a suggestion (reply with the suggestion)

• Dude... i actually don’t care tho

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
10 0 0
I think it'd be nice to make it, but there's no point making it if no one's gonna view it! So I'm asking for your opinions. Should I create a CF News Thread Series thingy?
I have asked a staff member and they said it's acceptable :)

(IF YOU VOTE, DO SAY WHY YOU VOTED THIS OPTION SO I CAN COUNTERA- So i can accept your opinion)
(pls do this without harming my self esteem thx)

The News Thread will have articles about recent updates, a highlight section, Q&A's, showing my personal favourite threads/plots/rps n stuff for that period of time and community-related news. There’s probably going to be a free section where if someone messages me an article they’ve written, they can implement it if they want. I MIGHT (notice the word might) get some writers to help me with the finishing product (what i mean by that is letting them write their own articles as a regular segment on the news thread series thingy).
If we get a lot of votes for a particular poll choice, i will make my decision on that particular winning choice.

If it is approved by the community, then my first edition might be Halloween based. (even though i don't celebrate Halloween)
Edit a: deleted “tea” section due to multiple complaints and swapped it out for community related news.
Edit 2: Added Q&A

Last edited:

Xxpiggygirl77xX

Chat Moderator
Reactions
137 4 0
I do think it’s a great idea but not the debate section that can easily cause arguements, also if you do, have some gossip or tea make sure you’re not being rude or the players have agreed to letting you talk about them

Also I would like to add that you should have a Q&A section,
I voted it’s honestly your life because I really have no choice on what you do so you do you

If you do have a creative fun news good luck, it’s a good idea

Reactions
10 0 0
I do think it’s a great idea but not the debate section that can easily cause arguements, also if you do, have some gossip or tea make sure you’re not being rude or the players have agreed to letting you talk about them

Also I would like to add that you should have a Q&A section,
I voted it’s honestly your life because I really have no choice on what you do so you do you

If you do have a creative fun news good luck, it’s a good idea
Thanks for the feedback! If I do have a series, I'll be sure to include the Q&A section

Mikcey

Reactions
539 18 3
I don't really see a reason for this there's a thread already about updates and "tea" is just drama which causes arguments
good luck though

Reactions
12 0 0
I Love this idea! Could I help as the editor or write a couple of things for it! I think it would also be cool if you could access it in the game? I could build an hq if u want?

Reactions
10 0 0
I don't really see a reason for this there's a thread already about updates and "tea" is just drama which causes arguments
good luck though
You do have a good point about “tea”, it won’t be too drama filled and stuff as you might (notice the word might) assume it to be. It’ll just be basically community-related news.

Blocksanity

Reactions
294 8 0
I Love this idea! Could I help as the editor or write a couple of things for it! I think it would also be cool if you could access it in the game? I could build an hq if u want?
I think if this becomes a company it’s just gonna cause more drama just leave it as community related news, I’m not opposed to the idea of the news, just make sure your not being offensive or spilling any “tea” as Mikcey said.
Good luck :3

brighhton

Reactions
363 0 0
ha the first time there was a CF news one of the threads blew up with drama involving me. good ol' days, not really.
anyway, I thought about doing one not too long ago so I guess sure, but only if you're willing to actually make it interesting.

Reactions
10 0 0
I think if this becomes a company it’s just gonna cause more drama just leave it as community related news, I’m not opposed to the idea of the news, just make sure your not being offensive or spilling any “tea” as Mikcey said.
Good luck :3
Blocksanity is right. I do have plans for maybe a few people helping me out, I currently have no plans for creating a company.

However, I might ask people to write articles they are really passionate about on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Jeessica

Server Moderator
Reactions
427 17 2
I'm all about it, as long as it doesn't create drama and is interesting for players to read!

lucidpeaches

Reactions
65 0 0
i mean, if you're bothered, it's your choice. just make it interesting, not like the boring news or newspaper

KThxByeByeNow

Server Moderator
Reactions
202 7 0
I'd love to see a news thing, but as many other players have said it needs to make sure it doesn't contain anything that is going upset players or cause arguments and debates. As long as it remains all just a bit of fun I don't have a problem with this

Mikcey

Reactions
539 18 3
You could do things like opinions on updates from players and/or their opinions/suggestions on upcoming updates Monis has revealed maybe you could get other opinions on the theories going around cough @Rxbel 's and I's cough

Reactions
10 0 0
You could do things like opinions on updates from players and/or their opinions/suggestions on upcoming updates Monis has revealed maybe you could get other opinions on the theories going around cough @Rxbel 's and I's cough
like a conspiracy article or an opinion article?

Or.... BOTH *mind blown*

Rxbel

Chat Moderator
Reactions
68 5 1
Hi there,
First off, i think, as stated above, tea spilling and a debate thing would be a VERY bad idea, but! I think a cf news thing would be neat. More than anything, if you did something like

""A new (build, roleplay, minigame) has started trending on cf. Here are a few builds around this.""

That would be awesome! And/or something like

""Someone brought up (My Staff Are AI, conspiracy for example) i personally believe that ___""

I think things like that would be an amazing thing to see, but i think it should only be positives and not on the negatives. Unless its crashes. Then i think something like

"BREAKING NEW CF (Or CF Server) HAS DIED TEMPORARILY"

Would be really really funny.

Last edited:

Mikcey

Reactions
539 18 3
"BREAKING NEW CF (Or CF Server) HAS DIED "
This could cause confusion though and people could freak out like when people say the server was hacked when it just crashed or something

Rxbel

Chat Moderator
Reactions
68 5 1
This could cause confusion though and people could freak out like when people say the server was hacked when it just crashed or something
Well, i would assume they would have the courtesy to say it wasnt hacked etc.