Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Server Progress - 01/03/2020

Hi everyone,

This post is just to give an update on the current situation with 1.15.2 progress. As of now we plan to have the server updated to 1.15.2 (or 1.16 if it is released soon) at some point in May with a lot of the basic WorldEdit commands working. In this post I'll be highlighting the remaining features that need to be implemented along with a time frame on how long they will take.

Implementing //undo and //redo
Every WorldEdit operation needs to be stored in some type of readable way within a database so that you are able to use the undo or redo command. Thousands of blocks need to be compressed and stored in this database in an efficient manner. [Estimated time of completion: 1 - 2 weeks]

Lighting
WorldEdit operations need to perform a lighting updated on blocks that are being modified, this needs to be done in an efficient way. [Estimated time of completion: 1 - 2 weeks]

Locking threads
The server needs to ensure that the thread being used by WorldEdit is not modified by anything else on the server to ensure that world corruption issues do not occur, this is a delicate process and will require some in depth testing to make sure that it is safe for the live server. [Estimated time of completion: 1 week]

Slowly support other commands
This is the final stage where every WorldEdit command needs to be remade so that it uses our system.
Current supported commands are:
  • //set
  • //copy
  • //paste
  • //cut
  • //rotate
  • //flip
  • //walls
  • //faces
  • //replace
Many more commands will be supported once the other 3 stages are complete and the list of commands will slowly expand as more time passes.

Server connection issues
For the past month there have been issues with the server disconnecting a large amount of players online, we've made significant changes in our process of filtering DDos attacks and this should no longer be an issue anymore.

ChatMod applications
All reports from January 1st all the way to March 1st are going to be reset soon, we are always looking to add new staff members to our team so if you would like to become staff you can apply here at: https://creativefun.net/forums/chatmod-applications.10/. Make sure to read the requirements, all applicants must have a minimum of 10 resolved reports.

Special thanks
I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone who has donated in the past few months, this is a big project with multiple people working on getting this plugin finished so that the server can finally be updated to 1.15.2. Your donations have helped speed up the process immensely and I appreciate your help :)

hxney_hxney

I expected us to reach 1.15 in 1-2 years but nope! Here we are already having plans to update to 1.15 in maybe a few weeks or months

ly4

I believe the server uses FastAsyncWorldEdit (it was a fork of WorldEdit before, now it's a plugin in itself) which isn't stable for 1152 yet, when the devs release a stable and usable version for mass production servers then I guess Monis will update to 1152.

^^^^ This whole statement is invalid if CF doesn't use FastAsyncWorldEdit, but I am pretty sure it does, or at least a modified version. ^^^^

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
I believe the server uses FastAsyncWorldEdit (it was a fork of WorldEdit before, now it's a plugin in itself) which isn't stable for 1152 yet, when the devs release a stable and usable version for mass production servers then I guess Monis will update to 1152.

^^^^ This whole statement is invalid if CF doesn't use FastAsyncWorldEdit, but I am pretty sure it does, or at least a modified version. ^^^^
As of now it indeed does, but it won’t for much longer. SuperMonis is currently developing his own WorldEdit Plugin, mainly for the reason that then we won’t have to wait ages for FAWE to update in order to update the server each time.

Reactions: ly4

ProctorL

Hopefully we can also get access to fix light by ourselves. If it's too resource-intensive, give it an hour cooldown or so. It seriously impacts our ability to build when you cant get ideal lighting.