Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Suggestion Run an age survey

Yooink

I vote NO. I feel the rules were created for a reason. And even though there may be more teens than children, I think as we all grow up, It's nice to keep the server original. If you think about it, Monis made the server when he was 13. (I'm pretty sure) A major change like that would feel so different, and the server wouldn't feel the same to me, and I think others can agree. Might I add that there are also child ChatMods as well.

Last edited:
Voting NO

Lots of people may be a bit suspicious about this if it was an active pole. Also if this is to base off if you took the survey and are under-age for like a "Mature RP", it would just be weird-
Also, I wouldn't be the one to just give out my age to a Minecraft server, because if it was an active idea, you wouldn't know where the age was going to, you dont know who is getting that age.
Just saying, it is a good idea, but also you're giving you're age out a game, you are still a subject in Childhood Abduction and I know "This is a Kid Friendly server, Staff wouldn't do that" but you strictly dont know who staff really are, and also, if it became a thing that everyone would have to take, that's a big problem
(Last one) If, one of the players gave out their age and it became a whole fiasco with finding out their really name, and their address, and the Child is Kidnapped IRL, CF Has in their hands, unsettled Parent's, A very mad Government and which (the parents could sue Mojang) which shuts down everything, by just a kidnap it could ruin minecraft for everyone, so I'd rather not.
What madness is this

ly4

If you can and of totally possible, you are using you're account with your mc name- in certain files of a server, their is a record of players and each player must have a data base, or then who is that player, it is like a security camera it will know what you do. It can possibly and most likely save what was said in the survey which can be seen by whoever has access to the files and anyone who can hack in so no, we dont live in a movie and it is totally possible to check to hack in and see what was put in, so don't be cheeky like you just think that everything you say is just going to be accurate
Whaaaaat?? Yes you're using an account with your Minecraft name, that's logical... There is a playerdata file which stores all players usernames and UUIDs (which are unique to minecraft premium accounts, if you change your username, your UUID will remain the same). It CAN save what was said in the survey, but if it is MADE to be anonymized, there will be nothing saved, it's the whole point of anonymizing something.

Also, your Minecraft account isn't directly linked to your personal information, nobody can know where you come from apart from server owners when they see your IP address, even though an IP address can give the general area where you live in (example the city) it's highly unlikely that any server owner will give out your IP address or try to find where you live lol, that's pointless BUT ; that is also why you have to not join any weird server, or use VPNs which are disabled on CF for good reasons I suppose (spam bots, ip-bans bypass?)

TL;DR - No, it's not like a security camera, it's called a database you said it yourself. I think you watch too many movies, and there is no way to just find someone with just a minecraft server's files without someone else or the person doxxing themselves. I am not being cheeky and I understand why you're voting no, I don't care, and I know that everything that I am saying isn't going to be accurate all the time and I haven't acted like that in any way.

76896 just putting that there

i feel like an age survey is pointless, But they still need to take into consideration the filter problem as it is very difficult for many to express themselves in the way they want to with the filter blocking very Non-Sexual and Appropriate words which is super annoying

_hxneybees

Voting NO.
Well, people lie about their age, and I doubt that it will have any affect on the server and it's roleplays.

Eagle_Nuke

voting Yes

This makes complete sense to me regardless of your age, most people voting no seem to be the young ones, and not that that’s a problem, but this suggestion doesn’t have anything against your age

Yooink

voting Yes

This makes complete sense to me regardless of your age, most people voting no seem to be the young ones, and not that that’s a problem, but this suggestion doesn’t have anything against your age
In this situation, age to you should be the most important part. Especially "young ones." This is an AGE SURVEY. Not a maturity survey.

I think we should respect everyone's decision, and that means everyone. Not just the older players on the server. So if that happens to mean that one person doesn't feel comfortable with the idea, I think it should be hands down a bad idea.

Artis_

Why do i feel like if this actually happened we would end up with different sections of ages. Like the kiddy pool and the adult pool... And then the deep end :eek::eek::eek:

Vaehtay

Why do i feel like if this actually happened we would end up with different sections of ages. Like the kiddy pool and the adult pool... And then the deep end :eek::eek::eek:
I love this. Thank you.
It's true though. People already judge you if you simply misspell something XD

Arriua

Whaaaaat?? Yes you're using an account with your Minecraft name, that's logical... There is a playerdata file which stores all players usernames and UUIDs (which are unique to minecraft premium accounts, if you change your username, your UUID will remain the same). It CAN save what was said in the survey, but if it is MADE to be anonymized, there will be nothing saved, it's the whole point of anonymizing something.

Also, your Minecraft account isn't directly linked to your personal information, nobody can know where you come from apart from server owners when they see your IP address, even though an IP address can give the general area where you live in (example the city) it's highly unlikely that any server owner will give out your IP address or try to find where you live lol, that's pointless BUT ; that is also why you have to not join any weird server, or use VPNs which are disabled on CF for good reasons I suppose (spam bots, ip-bans bypass?)

TL;DR - No, it's not like a security camera, it's called a database you said it yourself. I think you watch too many movies, and there is no way to just find someone with just a minecraft server's files without someone else or the person doxxing themselves. I am not being cheeky and I understand why you're voting no, I don't care, and I know that everything that I am saying isn't going to be accurate all the time and I haven't acted like that in any way.

View attachment 76896 just putting that there
i like how ur trying to make me look like an idiot, and their is NO POINT in running an age survey, Cf doesn't need to even know you're age. Cf isn't a government running a census

trustfall

(Last one) If, one of the players gave out their age and it became a whole fiasco with finding out their really name, and their address, and the Child is Kidnapped IRL, CF Has in their hands, unsettled Parent's, A very mad Government and which (the parents could sue Mojang) which shuts down everything, by just a kidnap it could ruin minecraft for everyone, so I'd rather not.
LOOOOOOOL, it's a number. A NUMBER.

you must be joking? please be joking

ly4

i like how ur trying to make me look like an idiot, and their is NO POINT in running an age survey, Cf doesn't need to even know you're age. Cf isn't a government running a census
Sorry guys I am done here, I don't wanna argue with a brick wall

LOOOOOOOL, it's a number. A NUMBER.

you must be joking? please be joking
I don't think he is, he's just being super paranoid.

Lambda

If you can and of totally possible, you are using you're account with your mc name- in certain files of a server, their is a record of players and each player must have a data base, or then who is that player, it is like a security camera it will know what you do. It can possibly and most likely save what was said in the survey which can be seen by whoever has access to the files and anyone who can hack in so no, we dont live in a movie and it is totally possible to check to hack in and see what was put in, so don't be cheeky like you just think that everything you say is just going to be accurate
Again, this is all avoidable assuming that the plugin used to run the survey handles the UUID (identifier) of players SEPERATELY from the provided age. It can send the result without playerdata to a database, which is what I don't think you understand. When a player answers the poll (or chooses not to), the software would record the UUID (although no answer is associated with it) to simply tell the plugin not to ask the same person twice. The plugin would handle both the UUID and the answer, but neither would be linked or traceable to the other.

This might be an interesting thing to run. Voting yes, but a lot of the suggestion needs to be reworked for it to actually be feasible.
What do you suggest for change?

Lambda

Also, to those who are posting or about to post: please keep it civil. This is for everyone's sake, including those who disagree with the suggestion itself. If this thread is derailed with people slinging insults, the mods will lock the thread and nothing will change.

Jeessica

Server Moderator
Again, this is all avoidable assuming that the plugin used to run the survey handles the UUID (identifier) of players SEPERATELY from the provided age. It can send the result without playerdata to a database, which is what I don't think you understand. When a player answers the poll (or chooses not to), the software would record the UUID (although no answer is associated with it) to simply tell the plugin not to ask the same person twice. The plugin would handle both the UUID and the answer, but neither would be linked or traceable to the other.

What do you suggest for change?
Also, to those who are posting or about to post: please keep it civil. This is for everyone's sake, including those who disagree with the suggestion itself. If this thread is derailed with people slinging insults, the mods will lock the thread and nothing will change.
Refrain from double posting please.

Use the edit button at the bottom right of your reply if you've got something else to add.