Roleplay Bootcamp

JustSimplyCloud

We all know Roleplay is HUGE on CF. So for all those normies out there and for those that need a little bit of improvement here is my Tips To Roleplay, which I will call Roleplay Bootcamp :)

Ok. Let’s start with the absolute sins of Roleplay.
  1. Don’t make your character super good or bad at everything
  2. Don’t try to make your charecter likable
  3. Don’t make fake characters (not user controlled) to make your charecter seem cooler
  4. Don’t make the Roleplay about you!
A common theme in those sins are: don’t TRY to make you charecter cool or likable!

Alright let’s go down how to improve your charecter!

Name: Here’s my thing. When making a name try to make it kind of fit your character. Also make your first and last name roll off the tounge, and make them easy to say together, think of it like a president name, easy to say and remember!

Personality: This is your character traits. For this I generally say always have a balanced character. Even good traits and negative traits.

Appearance: Generally this is easy. This is what your character looks like. Most of the time it’s just Your Minecraft skin.

Backstory: This is your characters story, what happened before. Don’t make it SUPER dramatic. “I’m an orphan, after my mom and Dad died, my life is a sad. Sad tale.” But don’t make it super happy “I was born into the land of unicorns.” Use your backstory for reasons behind: fears, powers, personality, skills. Make your charecter build off of it, but don’t make them live in the past ;)

Powers (optional) Powers are like mythical abilities your character has. But you have to make sure they aren’t powers so overpowering that it ruins your character. For example my character can teleport? Sounds overpowered right? Well he runs that power off of his energy. If he doesn’t have enough energy, he can’t teleport. He loses all his energy when teleporting. So he has to use it wisely.

Miscellaneous: This area is often looked over, but adding random stuff to your character will make them deeper. Examples of extra stuff are: Allergies? Pets? Items they have? Something they do when they are nervous? Mad?

Alright we got the building the character done. Now let’s talk about skills in Roleplay.

Description: Imagine your in a book. You have to describe each detail really well. Don’t make it super complicated however. Make it simple yet descriptive. Like JK Rowling’s Style. Easy to digest, but really rich in content.

Fighting: This is also a really easy area to mess up in. Don’t dodge everything. It’s ok to be hit sometimes ok! Also make sure you want just auto kill someone, keep it interesting!

Speech: Talking is pretty neat! However don’t make it like 1st Grade sentences. “I feel sad”. Make it more complex, and more of again, book sentences. But again don’t write a paragraph for every sentence of speech. Keep it simple!

If you took these tips, you maybe refined your charecter and your skills! Please note I in no way agree that this will make your character and or skills perfect!

Thanks for reading and happy Roleplaying!

_OmniiPotent_

We all know Roleplay is HUGE on CF. So for all those normies out there and for those that need a little bit of improvement here is my Tips To Roleplay, which I will call Roleplay Bootcamp :)

Ok. Let’s start with the absolute sins of Roleplay.
  1. Don’t make your character super good or bad at everything
  2. Don’t try to make your charecter likable
  3. Don’t make fake characters (not user controlled) to make your charecter seem cooler
  4. Don’t make the Roleplay about you!
A common theme in those sins are: don’t TRY to make you charecter cool or likable!

Alright let’s go down how to improve your charecter!

Name: Here’s my thing. When making a name try to make it kind of fit your character. Also make your first and last name roll off the tounge, and make them easy to say together, think of it like a president name, easy to say and remember!

Personality: This is your character traits. For this I generally say always have a balanced character. Even good traits and negative traits.

Appearance: Generally this is easy. This is what your character looks like. Most of the time it’s just Your Minecraft skin.

Backstory: This is your characters story, what happened before. Don’t make it SUPER dramatic. “I’m an orphan, after my mom and Dad died, my life is a sad. Sad tale.” But don’t make it super happy “I was born into the land of unicorns.” Use your backstory for reasons behind: fears, powers, personality, skills. Make your charecter build off of it, but don’t make them live in the past ;)

Powers (optional) Powers are like mythical abilities your character has. But you have to make sure they aren’t powers so overpowering that it ruins your character. For example my character can teleport? Sounds overpowered right? Well he runs that power off of his energy. If he doesn’t have enough energy, he can’t teleport. He loses all his energy when teleporting. So he has to use it wisely.

Miscellaneous: This area is often looked over, but adding random stuff to your character will make them deeper. Examples of extra stuff are: Allergies? Pets? Items they have? Something they do when they are nervous? Mad?

Alright we got the building the character done. Now let’s talk about skills in Roleplay.

Description: Imagine your in a book. You have to describe each detail really well. Don’t make it super complicated however. Make it simple yet descriptive. Like JK Rowling’s Style. Easy to digest, but really rich in content.

Fighting: This is also a really easy area to mess up in. Don’t dodge everything. It’s ok to be hit sometimes ok! Also make sure you want just auto kill someone, keep it interesting!

Speech: Talking is pretty neat! However don’t make it like 1st Grade sentences. “I feel sad”. Make it more complex, and more of again, book sentences. But again don’t write a paragraph for every sentence of speech. Keep it simple!

If you took these tips, you maybe refined your charecter and your skills! Please note I in no way agree that this will make your character and or skills perfect!

Thanks for reading and happy Roleplaying!
you spelled the word 'character' wrong throughout the whole thing

Other than that, great advice, but there is already a thread on this https://creative-fun.net/threads/how-to-create-a-good-roleplay-character.22382/

JustSimplyCloud

_OmniiPotent_

Oof. I’ll fix my spelling.
Also thanks! I wanted to give my advice. I think the other thread does this really well too! :)
No probs, I think this guide gives a good overview rather than the other one, which focuses on the character most.

Qiki

This is awesome advice, I do see these sins in roleplays often.

Top Bottom