Regarding 1.9 issues

SuperMonis

Server Owner
Owner
1.9 Server issues

I'm making this post to inform everyone about the issues 1.9 has brought to the server. Although there are no new items banned besides end crystals. 1.9 has a huge problem with the way it handles chunks both client side and server side and has changed from the efficient way 1.8 handled chunks. Here's just a few of the problems:

The 1.9 client keeping chunks stored longer than the server (Defeating the purpose of server view distance)
Server not unloading chunks properly (Server load keeps increasing continuously)
When forcefully trying to unload a chunk it is loaded in again (Custom fix doesn't work)

Mojang has definitely changed something with rendering chunks however no one is quite sure what was changed to make the performance so bad and therefore the server has been having all sorts of lag issues. For now we have set the limit to 350 on Creative1 and 300 on Creative2 until the issue is sorted. We realise this isn't the positive start we all expected from 1.9 but limiting the server's player limit is the only way to prevent crashes from occurring. I hope that everyone is understanding of our stance in regards to everything that is being taken place.

XAnimeLeaX

Thanks for the update, Monis!

PROTIPS

I've found that playing on my realm I experience the same problems with chunks, especially in the ocean. I went down to the bottom of the unloaded chunk in the ocean (where the blocks would have been) and placed light blue wool on the bottom. This loaded the chunk in, so perhaps that might be a solution?
If there's a plugin that can make blocks be randomly placed then immediately deleted in every chunk every 5 minutes or so, that would probably stop the lag.

Nevertheless, thanks for the update.

1.9 certainly wasn't what anyone was expecting.

ZekeStew

sometimes when I right click a block from before I cleared my plot and it turned into grass what is after I cleared my plot idk whats up

M

Modhopper

This does not help me because my computer says that my thing is outdated but it's not

T

thanks for the update!

thanks for the update! hopefully you can allow more people in in the future when everything is sorted out =)

rudolphkint

thanks for the update! hope you can allow more people in quicker thanks!

joyings

Thanks Monis, this should clear up some worries.

T

Tiagoo

This should clear up for everyone reporting banned items which is a glitch. Like I said, switch to 1.9 so you don't need to worry about updating the server every week.

flvtcher

Thanks, for the update Monis!

X

xkeithplayzmcx

Thank you monis for resasuring me =) this really helped because sometimes the chunks in my plot would lag out, must be stressful getting spammed messages of players saying there's lag.
-xItzDragonx

X

xkeithplayzmcx

Oops, accidently went on the wrong account x3

does this mean that the chunk problem has been fixed for now? or is it still on-going? I'm scared to get on least my town I've worked for months on gets destroyed in a single blow

X21973

Thank you monis for resasuring me =) this really helped because sometimes the chunks in my plot would lag out, must be stressful getting spammed messages of players saying there's lag.
-xItzDragonx
Bold and italics in moderation.

gabiee

Any update on when /pet and /disguise will be usable again?

Top Bottom