Profile Page Picture Collages!

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by Schalldampfer, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer Member

Hello friends!

So what I have today is a little idea that's been playing on my mind, and that's profile age picture collages. What I mean by that is when you click on a person and you are taken to their profile page, if you scroll down a bit there will be an option to view a series of pictures placed within the collage by the person whose profile you are looking at. Now before I start on this topic, I want to make it absolutely clear that I know some of the dangers of this. You've got people who come on and upload seriously inappropriate pictures, causing staff to have to constantly hunt them down, and it just makes another thing to have to keep track of. But I think if we give ourselves the chance to expand the way we express ourselves, it could speak a lot more about that person.

I realize that not many people will use this, but it is a cool idea for me because I live on a farm, and boy do I love my animals. I was thinking, I'd love to show everyone these gorgeous creatures that I have been blessed with, but really the only way to do that would be as a small profile image. So I was thinking, why not provide a way to add a small series of pictures that players can insert into their profile pages?

A good way we could go about this is by adding a small box off to the side of the profile page, maybe say 1 inch by 1 inch on the screen, which would be 300 pixels by 300 pixels, and this square would be titled "___'s picture collage". When clicking on it, a slightly larger box appears, with up to nine images, each image 300x300 pixels, which would mean a 900x900 box, three pictures in one row, with 3 rows. basically a rubix cube. Then, players could click on a single picture and expand the picture itself. Alongside that, if players upload inappropriate images, they can always be reported, and if it becomes too much of a problem, the whole thing can be removed entirely.

I think it would be an amazing thing to see, maybe people can showcase their builds on their profile as a way of owning that build in more than one way, or maybe show pictures that are important to them, say group-screenshots with several of their friends in Minecraft. But, again, it's just a suggestion.

Let me know what you think!

Your friend (whether you like it or not,)

Schalldampfer

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. millsmolls

millsmolls Member

You know, I actually love this idea. I just think staff will have a hard time making this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mayonnxise

Mayonnxise Active Member

Yeah, theres a lot of things I want as my signature and as my profile picture so I mean it would be cool if I could choose ones for my pfp and my signature, but still have other photos on there. I really like this idea! I wish you the best!

4. Kenzieeee

Kenzieeee New Member

i would absolutely love this!

5. Cloud9

Cloud9 Member

6. Rogue

Rogue Active Member

I don't believe this is possible with Xenforo, And i don't believe monis has the ability to edit xenforo as he doesn't own it, but uses it as the forum design

7. Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer Member

I wonder what @SuperMonis will think of this idea, maybe he'll consider it. It's gotten all-over good reviews so maybe.

8. _OmniiPotent_

_OmniiPotent_ Well-Known Member

Isn't this basically just aesthetic from tumblr (or somewhere equally as cool lol) just ask someone to make you one on there, and use it as your signature

• About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store