New minecraft chat application

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce that we're working on an alternative application to Minechat which should allow you to speak on the server when you're away from a computer. We're interested in what people think the application should be named and the features you're interested in! Feel free to mention your complaints about Minechat so that we can see what issues need to be addressed with our own application :cool:

This app will work on other servers as well and will not only be an exclusive CF application. So the name idea does not have to have anything cf related in it.

Remember, we need a name for the application before we do anything so post your name idea below.

loveily

MineChat is glitchy sometimes.
Maybe you can add things like on CF how you have reports? You can do that on a phone. That'd help a lot.
Good luck on the app!

Sorry for the double post but it wont let me edit that ^.

Maybe..
ChatMania? Idk, I just feel like Mania would go with it. Or MineMania.

billiebillie

I feel like staff should be able to somewhat mute if this kind of application should be added. I don't think you can mute through Minechat, so that's an issue.
For the name, I feel like it should be something like: CreativeChat, or FunChat.

I'm bad at choosing names don't judge me.

Orblan

I personally think the app should be called CreativeChat or CFChat Very Original.
The main feature I would love on this app, is that staff members can Mute and Ban on this app. This would be a great feature for our staff, who are to busy to come on to a computer or are traveling. This would be an amazing app for the whole server.

(Meant to add on sorry) Also maybe add a voice chat through the app? This would helpful for players who do not have discord but still was to interact with the CF community.

I think you should let us chat with our friends but not physically play and be able to report. I think the app should be called CreativeChat.

I feel like staff should be able to somewhat mute if this kind of application should be added. I don't think you can mute through Minechat, so that's an issue.
For the name, I feel like it should be something like: CreativeChat, or FunChat.

I'm bad at choosing names don't judge me.
You should be able to mute through minechat, I've done it in the past. Unless you mean by resolving reports.

But yeah, if it was somehow possible to access your GUI commands on the new app that would be great, so you'd be able to report players. As well as this, an option between a light and dark design? Minechat was very dark. Out of all the names so far I like CreativeChat.

Are you planning on the app being free?

boogerrs

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce that we're working on an alternative application to Minechat which should allow you to speak on the server when you're away from a computer. We're interested in what people think the application should be named and the features you're interested in! Feel free to mention your complaints about Minechat so that we can see what issues need to be addressed with our own application :cool:

Remember, we need a name for the application before we do anything so post your name idea below.
Maybe name it "CFChat". Also, try to make the app free at the start at least. I don't have any other ideas right now.

Mikcey

I use Minechat a lot the main things I rather have is I can't use /f list, /chat or any other popup type of commands and you can't report on Minechat either

boogerrs

I use Minechat a lot the main things I rather have is I can't use /f list, /chat or any other popup type of commands and you can't report on Minechat either
Oh yeah, defiantly. The reporting would be super nice.

Dekeiido

Just simply call it CreativeFun. Try to make the app simply for free, but make sure that members who are using the app can chat. Also, add a new feature like '2 factor' for more security. Include the rules, info, etc.

Naariii

Staff showing on /list was a bug I found on minechat a lot. It was also annoying that if you back out of the app for even a second you would disconnect from the server. Possibly this could be put up to 3-4 minutes since sometimes someone needs to message you off server regarding something and you just can't see it without being disconnected.
It's 8am I have no idea sorry.

Just to clarify, this app will work on other servers as well and will not only be an exclusive CF application. So the name idea does not have to have anything cf related in it.