Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Lack of comunication and general issues.

Hell0There

Creative Fun is having issues with communication, and other issues that can be mitigated by communicating what's happening to the server rather than keeping it quiet for some unknown reason.

First, a little back ground. I've played Cf since 2016, i love this server. I've had so many memories on it, and I'm still building on it today. That being said, that doesn't mean there aren't problems with it.
My main issue came along a few weeks ago, when i started voting every day. My sixth link, https://topminecraftservers.org/server/10963 has for some reason always said "You have already voted today, you can vote again at 12pm." No matter what i do, i can not get this to change. I've talked with an Admin about this, they essentially said "Oh it's not our issue, you have to talk to the site admin themselves" then left me without any information on *how* to do that, what to do and to this day i haven't as i don't know where to go to even start.

My second major issue arose today, when i finally with those 7x3 votes finally got an extra plot. Imagine my surprise when i couldn't use my home where i wanted because it needs to be on the same server as the plot you bought it on. My question is simple: Why? And more importantly, Why isn't this stated anywhere when you buy the plot? It simply says "Ability to set an extra home" with *no* additional stipulations on it. So tell me, why is there? It's definitely not a technical issue as it is more complicated to add that stipulation, so again i ask why?
There's also the case to be made by the apparent 512x512 plots that is listed everywhere but is actually 505x505, the chat filter which we only recently got information on *how* it's going to be fixed after being told time and time again "Monis is working on it" which i upheld for a long time, but with no communication it just looked like it was being swept under the rug.
It's issues like these that genuinely make me want to leave for another server, all because communication is not present, issues have been neglected and it's not taken a toll on how i see the server as a whole. The worst part is, i want to still love this server, i really do. I play no other creative than it. But with issues like this, with neglect of community and communication between the upper and lower echelons, i don't think i want to support this server any more.

Anyone who reads this, i hope you have a wonderful day
- Hell0There.

Bobble68

You can also only have 3 plots per server, and 3 homes between all the servers. I mean, they could at least let you have 1 home per plot?

Hell0There

You can also only have 3 plots per server, and 3 homes between all the servers. I mean, they could at least let you have 1 home per plot?
That's true, but my main issue is the fact that it doesn't let you use the home on whatever server you want, and not only that: it doesn't state it anywhere
Then that becomes an issue as well, maybe if you unlock all of them you get 3 extra homes at a higher cost?

Jeessica

Admin
Website Mod
i couldn't use my home where i wanted because it needs to be on the same server as the plot you bought it on. My question is simple: Why? And more importantly, Why isn't this stated anywhere when you buy the plot?
I didn't think it would be necessary to state this in the /shop as you're buying the extra home along with the new plot, meaning you can only put the home on the same /cf server as the plot you bought. I might be mistaken, but I think that once you've bought all 6 extra plots you can purchase you shouldn't come across any issues with setting your /homes on the same server as the plot you originally bought. As all of my homes are all on CF1.

Hell0There

It comes with an extra home, yes. Does it say it has to be used on that specific server or should it act like a normal /sethome? I think the answer is obvious. It should be able to be used on all servers, which makes the most sense rather than limiting where it can be used for no apparent reason.

Arisae

I honestly think that they should've elaborated more on how the /homes work when buying a plot. To avoid that, they should clear out what actually happens, rather than assuming that people should already know what happens. Not everyone can infer things the way you want them to. They could've just literally put it in there that homes only work on the server which you buy them, to clear out misconceptions. I can't see how having that message written on /shop would turn into any sort of inconvenience. It would really be of great help to the players.

As for the miscommunication part, I strongly agree. I cannot put into words (language barrier lmbo) how displeased I am with this. I've witnessed this happen to many players, including myself. I wish they would just get off their high horses and actually listen to the players. They tend to mark these types of suggestions as "whiny" and we literally can't do anything about it :,) I honestly just gave up haha

My main issue came along a few weeks ago, when i started voting every day. My sixth link, https://topminecraftservers.org/server/10963 has for some reason always said "You have already voted today, you can vote again at 12pm." No matter what i do, i can not get this to change. I've talked with an Admin about this, they essentially said "Oh it's not our issue, you have to talk to the site admin themselves" then left me without any information on *how* to do that, what to do and to this day i haven't as i don't know where to go to even start.
We are not in control of how these vote sites work, I can forward complaints about the bug your experiencing though if you message me about it or create a thread.
My second major issue arose today, when i finally with those 7x3 votes finally got an extra plot. Imagine my surprise when i couldn't use my home where i wanted because it needs to be on the same server as the plot you bought it on. My question is simple: Why? And more importantly, Why isn't this stated anywhere when you buy the plot? It simply says "Ability to set an extra home" with *no* additional stipulations on it. So tell me, why is there? It's definitely not a technical issue as it is more complicated to add that stipulation, so again i ask why?
The home system is very old, it is going to be re-worked so that it lets you set homes regardless of the server that you bought the plot on - I understand that it is not clear currently in the shop menu that it only applies to the server you bought the plot on.
There's also the case to be made by the apparent 512x512 plots that is listed everywhere but is actually 505x505
It's technically 512x512 (mca region file), you can only build on 505x505 though - I will update the plot size info in /plot info, hubs and spawn to reflect what it actually lets you build on.

Thank you for bringing up these issues in a civilized manner, I hope that my effort gives you some hope that we are willing to communicate more on these types of issues.