Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Feedback on CF

SynaxAreo

Chat Moderator
So, recently the staff have been wondering about your opinions about how we can make cf a better place for everyone so we are asking you to give us any feedback on how we could improve

teiina

Hi! I am an ex-chatmod who resigned a few weeks ago and for reasons of not only players, but the community as a whole including the staff team. Personally Synax, nothing against you because I get you are just trying to help improve the server, but I believe it would've been more appropriate for Monis or Dawn to reach out to see what's wrong with their server. (Staff leaving, player decline) Please remember this was not an attack on your behalf, I think you have done great as a ChatMod.

I was a ChatMod on Creative Fun for around 5 months. The first 2 months were peachy and fun and I always wanted to be online to help out. Overtime that had all changed, and it was more of a burden to come online. The continuous harassment and attacks from not only the players, but the staff team as-well caused me to enjoy the server less as a whole. Being staff was extremely stressful as you had to be perfect all the time and you were always watched no matter where or what you say. Always having the thought in your mind that you can be reported without having the chance to explain yourself is insane to me. I appreciate the whole staff team and all they do please keep that in mind.

As I mentioned above, I was staff at one point so I understand how much negative feedback the staff get belted with. This may sound harsh, but it's because the players feel ignored. You aren't listening to us. I get that the rules are there for a reason but some are just unneeded. In today's society not everyone gets offended as easily and we are not as sensitive as previous years. I understand the kid friendly benefit of it, but thinking about it a lot of the player base is older. I understand the no swearing rules and what not, but there are some rules that are completely unnecessary. It's tiring to see people getting muted or warned for trying to get their point across, to which they feel like they cannot and they end up leaving out of frustration, I don't blame them. For so long I watched people slowly lose interest in Creative Fun, or getting banned and appealing with good reasoning and apologies and getting shut down without a reason. "Hello, you will not be unbanned" Isn't explaining why. Staff need to be able to relate and be on the same page as players communication wise. I see a huge separation between staff and players which makes the staff look like bad guys. I think the staff need to be more understanding of things and not get so defensive straight away. You aren't correct in every situation, which is okay but you need to be able to see your mistakes and improve.

Only recently has your staff team number dropped immensely, to the point where 5 staff decided it was time to resign and 2 demotions. That is 7 staff members gone in a span of 8 weeks. I know some of my friends who were staff went out with a bang and left in good reasoning and explained why. I don't understand why Dawn and Monis have not reached out to the staff members who have recently decided it was their time to go. It makes us think that they don't care. I understand Dawn and Monis have a life and are busy with stuff outside of the server but If they are going to be inactive for a long period of time, I think they should at least explain to the staff team that they will be absent. I believe that some people on the staff team can sometimes come across as biased. I won't go into names because there is simply no need, but a lot of the staff team are defensive, and yet they continue to ask why no one goes to them with anything. People I have spoken to are scared to talk to the staff. Have you ever wondered why people leave when you teleport to a roleplay? Why they go "Oh no a staff member is here" ? If any of the staff can give me a good reason as to why they shouldn't be afraid of you, please do. People are scared of slipping up, or getting muted. Your community is scared of your staff team, or speaking in general. Something seriously needs to change.

I know that by the end of this, I will most likely be banned, and this will most likely be deleted. For so long I haven't been able to get my opinion of my chest for so long in fear of being banned but I have come to the realisation that if the outcome of this me getting banned for putting my opinion out there, my point has been proven. Creative Fun is declining in players, there is no doubt of that. No one enjoys it as much as they did before. From a person who comes online consistently for 8 months, to see it crumble like this is so so sad. There is SO much potential for this server. Something needs to change, whether it is the people in control, or the rules themselves. In no way was I meaning to come off as rude or to send hate, This is just what I think myself and many others are thinking as-well. If the staff team did take this into consideration and fix their past mistakes this server could pick up again and go back to how it was before. I sent this with all good intention that Creative Fun is able to relate to their community, understand where they’re coming from and decide what is beneficial for enabling their server to advance and progress. I wish this server well and I do believe in it progressing.

Thank you for taking your time in reading this,

Teina.

acflani

Hi! I am an ex-chatmod who resigned a few weeks ago and for reasons of not only players, but the community as a whole including the staff team. Personally Synax, nothing against you because I get you are just trying to help improve the server, but I believe it would've been more appropriate for Monis or Dawn to reach out to see what's wrong with their server. (Staff leaving, player decline) Please remember this was not an attack on your behalf, I think you have done great as a ChatMod.

I was a ChatMod on Creative Fun for around 5 months. The first 2 months were peachy and fun and I always wanted to be online to help out. Overtime that had all changed, and it was more of a burden to come online. The continuous harassment and attacks from not only the players, but the staff team as-well caused me to enjoy the server less as a whole. Being staff was extremely stressful as you had to be perfect all the time and you were always watched no matter where or what you say. Always having the thought in your mind that you can be reported without having the chance to explain yourself is insane to me. I appreciate the whole staff team and all they do please keep that in mind.

As I mentioned above, I was staff at one point so I understand how much negative feedback the staff get belted with. This may sound harsh, but it's because the players feel ignored. You aren't listening to us. I get that the rules are there for a reason but some are just unneeded. In today's society not everyone gets offended as easily and we are not as sensitive as previous years. I understand the kid friendly benefit of it, but thinking about it a lot of the player base is older. I understand the no swearing rules and what not, but there are some rules that are completely unnecessary. It's tiring to see people getting muted or warned for trying to get their point across, to which they feel like they cannot and they end up leaving out of frustration, I don't blame them. For so long I watched people slowly lose interest in Creative Fun, or getting banned and appealing with good reasoning and apologies and getting shut down without a reason. "Hello, you will not be unbanned" Isn't explaining why. Staff need to be able to relate and be on the same page as players communication wise. I see a huge separation between staff and players which makes the staff look like bad guys. I think the staff need to be more understanding of things and not get so defensive straight away. You aren't correct in every situation, which is okay but you need to be able to see your mistakes and improve.

Only recently has your staff team number dropped immensely, to the point where 5 staff decided it was time to resign and 2 demotions. That is 7 staff members gone in a span of 8 weeks. I know some of my friends who were staff went out with a bang and left in good reasoning and explained why. I don't understand why Dawn and Monis have not reached out to the staff members who have recently decided it was their time to go. It makes us think that they don't care. I understand Dawn and Monis have a life and are busy with stuff outside of the server but If they are going to be inactive for a long period of time, I think they should at least explain to the staff team that they will be absent. I believe that some people on the staff team can sometimes come across as biased. I won't go into names because there is simply no need, but a lot of the staff team are defensive, and yet they continue to ask why no one goes to them with anything. People I have spoken to are scared to talk to the staff. Have you ever wondered why people leave when you teleport to a roleplay? Why they go "Oh no a staff member is here" ? If any of the staff can give me a good reason as to why they shouldn't be afraid of you, please do. People are scared of slipping up, or getting muted. Your community is scared of your staff team, or speaking in general. Something seriously needs to change.

I know that by the end of this, I will most likely be banned, and this will most likely be deleted. For so long I haven't been able to get my opinion of my chest for so long in fear of being banned but I have come to the realisation that if the outcome of this me getting banned for putting my opinion out there, my point has been proven. Creative Fun is declining in players, there is no doubt of that. No one enjoys it as much as they did before. From a person who comes online consistently for 8 months, to see it crumble like this is so so sad. There is SO much potential for this server. Something needs to change, whether it is the people in control, or the rules themselves. In no way was I meaning to come off as rude or to send hate, This is just what I think myself and many others are thinking as-well. If the staff team did take this into consideration and fix their past mistakes this server could pick up again and go back to how it was before. I sent this with all good intention that Creative Fun is able to relate to their community, understand where they’re coming from and decide what is beneficial for enabling their server to advance and progress. I wish this server well and I do believe in it progressing.

Teina.

INTRODUCTION:
✦I have been on Creative Fun for years of my life. I grew up on this server and have watched the rules change, became staff, and been demoted. I understand that my demotion may say things that aren’t completely true. I loved being a staff member more than most, not because the mutes or the title. I loved being staff because of the team they have, but there are many things every staff member disagrees with. I do not hate anyone and I do not shame Monis, Monis I applaud most of everything you’ve done. No one deserves blame as a whole because it’s not just one persons fault. The team as a whole has many things that are at fault. With that being said I want to throw out a lot of things I disagree with. I’m not coming out now because I disagree or hate staff, I’m coming out because I love cf and only want it to be better. This isn’t hateful at all and I don’t want anyone to take me or Teina’s message as so. My best friends I wouldn’t have met without CF and I will forever be thankful for the community I have met and learned to love.

RULES:
✦I think the rules are something everyone disagrees with including many staff. The staff need to hear people out or give opportunities to those who may be confused. New rules are put on the server and no one knows causing everyone to get muted/warned. Rules are something that should be more addressed on the server itself and I think that’s just an opinion I have. The rules can be very strict but I always reminded people it’s a kid friendly server. I do agree with Teina, we are older now. Most kids that were kids on CF are older. I think it may appeal better to teens and adults if the rules aren’t so pg.

STAFF:
✦The staff members are a team and develop a family bond. I felt as staff as I was walking on egg shells on CF because one mistake may lead to a demotion. Some people think staff compete to “rank up” and some do. I’m not here to expose anyone and I hope it’s not taken this way. There are comments staff have made to people that if it was reported they would be warned or demoted. There’s no real structure when it comes to the team and it’s one negative thing I saw. I wish I could sit here and say everything is perfect but in the end of the day even the best things aren’t perfect. There’s always room for improvement even if it’s a MineCraft server. I don’t agree with many things and I never did but the community made it somewhat ok.

PLAYERS:
✦Players act as if staff are not human and don’t have feelings. I would go on and constantly be told I was terrible or didn’t have a heart or etc. Players act like staff don’t feel the pain when they get harassed or attacked. I sometimes couldn’t handle the pressure players would put on me, not the staff itself. People need to listen to reason and not jump at the first person to answer or mute. I want to remind people that staff have emotions and they are people just like you.

MY DEMOTION:
✦I’m going to talk about this because I feel as if I need to get it off my chest, even if it causes a ban. Even those who don’t know me say I’m a good person. I have made bad mistakes that I own up to and apologize just like the rest of the world. My words and actions were taken completely out of context causing a demotion, and the loss of almost every staff friend I’ve made. Those who knew the situation knew my demotion was not right compared to the truth. Then later a friend of mine got demoted and was given the right to call and talk about it with other staff to explain, mine was something sudden and it proves the biased part Teina speaks about. Some staff are given chances when they make a mistake, while some get demoted with no reason and some don’t get asked what actually happened. I don’t believe some staff are given a actual chance to explain themselves or actually say what needs to be said. I feel as if someone is staff for about 5-6 months like me a fair talk should have been allowed. We all deserve a chance or a warning, not just an instant punishment. In life in jobs people are brought in to talk about their mistakes. I know it might say I was bullying in my demotion but please do not take that as the full story.

With that being said please do not attack anyone, do not blame one person, and remember staff are human.

- Alaina (acflani) former ChatMod​

Last edited:

Menchiess

Hello! I've been playing on CF for about three years. When I first joined, I remember seeing an average of about 700 players each time I would log in, but it has not been the same for a while now. There could be a few reasons for this; main ones likely including the fact that people are older or no longer interested in the server. The reason I continued to play however, was because of the community. I have also decided to reply to this thread to share my perspective as someone who is not an ex staff member. CF was a really great place in 2017. Everyone that I knew of were really great people and the energy was consistently positive. The many staff members were super active with everyone and seemed like they genuinely wanted to be involved with the community.

Come the last couple of years, things have definitely changed. Not often do I see staff members being super involved with the community. This is understandable though. I get that the staff members have jobs to do and sometimes don't have time to just hang out with the players. I agree with acflani's thread about how for some reason when a staff member teleports to someone's plot they get worried. I noticed that quite a bit, and even though it can be a joke I feel like it should not happen in the first place. Another thing I wanna mention about my thread is that I do not want to criticize the rules. I hardly see Minecraft servers that are PG 13 so it's cool that CF has been this way for so long. Though I agree most of the players are older, I have still stumbled upon a few who are young and remind me of what it was like to play on CF years ago. I guess the only issue involved with "rules" is the chat filter which can be frustrating to deal with but according to what I have heard it is a process to fix that.

Anyway; another issue is that there has been a rise in toxicity I have heard about the server in general. Some might not notice this- but again it is just my perspective. Many people I talk to have negative things to say about CF which is proof of how the community has changed.

In general my suggestion would consist of more action when a lot of people are asking for something to change, along with being more involved in the server. How you would go about this? I am not entirely sure.

These were pretty much just opinions of what I have personally noticed, if you agree, cool, if you don't agree, also cool. My standpoint can be very different from yours (whoever may be reading this), and there is nothing wrong with that. Also, yes my reply is pretty vague. If I did decide to go into every individual detail and flaw, this thread has the potential to be a lot longer.

That's it- thanks for reading that if you did

chqrri

Hi. I didn't want to speak up about anything regarding the server as I'm afraid that I will get into trouble/banned. Which is the last thing I want because CF is still like a home to me. However, I think it's time that some of these issues are finally brought forward. There are a few things that have already been mentioned so I won't go into detail about those.

There are rules that not everybody will agree with, this includes staff members as well as players. When one rule got changed in particular, this made me angry, upset and sort of disappointed. This is the no violence rule. Now some of you may disagree with me, and that is completely fine! This is just my opinion.

As most of you know, I got demoted for bad mental health. I'm not going into full detail of what happened because that doesn't need to be spoken about publicly. The change of this rule makes me upset because CF is advertised as a family friendly server. Suicide is a sensitive and triggering topic to many people, including myself. I understand why violence is allowed in local chat, but I think suicide is just a step too far.

Now, I'm not going to be attacking the staff team nor am I going to be saying any names. However, I have noticed and I'm sure others has well, that some sarcastic comments come into the conversations at the wrong time. This confuses me as staff are supposed to help players and listen to what they say, rather than make the situation escalate.

I truly care about CF, the staff team and players are all important to me and will always will be. This isn't to attack/hurt anyone, just bring some attention forward so the points can be looked upon and hopefully resolved. I'll always be around to help if anyone needs me.

Frankiez

Teina.

INTRODUCTION:
✦I have been on Creative Fun for years of my life. I grew up on this server and have watched the rules change, became staff, and been demoted. I understand that my demotion may say things that aren’t completely true. I loved being a staff member more than most, not because the mutes or the title. I loved being staff because of the team they have, but there are many things every staff member disagrees with. I do not hate anyone and I do not shame Monis, Monis I applaud most of everything you’ve done. No one deserves blame as a whole because it’s not just one persons fault. The team as a whole has many things that are at fault. With that being said I want to throw out a lot of things I disagree with. I’m not coming out now because I disagree or hate staff, I’m coming out because I love cf and only want it to be better. This isn’t hateful at all and I don’t want anyone to take me or Teina’s message as so. My best friends I wouldn’t have met without CF and I will forever be thankful for the community I have met and learned to love.

RULES:
✦I think the rules are something everyone disagrees with including many staff. The staff need to hear people out or give opportunities to those who may be confused. New rules are put on the server and no one knows causing everyone to get muted/warned. Rules are something that should be more addressed on the server itself and I think that’s just an opinion I have. The rules can be very strict but I always reminded people it’s a kid friendly server. I do agree with Teina, we are older now. Most kids that were kids on CF are older. I think it may appeal better to teens and adults if the rules aren’t so pg.

STAFF:
✦The staff members are a team and develop a family bond. I felt as staff as I was walking on egg shells on CF because one mistake may lead to a demotion. Some people think staff compete to “rank up” and some do. I’m not here to expose anyone and I hope it’s not taken this way. There are comments staff have made to people that if it was reported they would be warned or demoted. There’s no real structure when it comes to the team and it’s one negative thing I saw. I wish I could sit here and say everything is perfect but in the end of the day even the best things aren’t perfect. There’s always room for improvement even if it’s a MineCraft server. I don’t agree with many things and I never did but the community made it somewhat ok.

PLAYERS:
✦Players act as if staff are not human and don’t have feelings. I would go on and constantly be told I was terrible or didn’t have a heart or etc. Players act like staff don’t feel the pain when they get harassed or attacked. I sometimes couldn’t handle the pressure players would put on me, not the staff itself. People need to listen to reason and not jump at the first person to answer or mute. I want to remind people that staff have emotions and they are people just like you.

MY DEMOTION:
✦I’m going to talk about this because I feel as if I need to get it off my chest, even if it causes a ban. Even those who don’t know me say I’m a good person. I have made bad mistakes that I own up to and apologize just like the rest of the world. My words and actions were taken completely out of context causing a demotion, and the loss of almost every staff friend I’ve made. Those who knew the situation knew my demotion was not right compared to the truth. Then later a friend of mine got demoted and was given the right to call and talk about it with other staff to explain, mine was something sudden and it proves the biased part Teina speaks about. Some staff are given chances when they make a mistake, while some get demoted with no reason and some don’t get asked what actually happened. I don’t believe some staff are given a actual chance to explain themselves or actually say what needs to be said. I feel as if someone is staff for about 5-6 months like me a fair talk should have been allowed. We all deserve a chance or a warning, not just an instant punishment. In life in jobs people are brought in to talk about their mistakes. I know it might say I was bullying in my demotion but please do not take that as the full story.

With that being said please do not attack anyone, do not blame one person, and remember staff are human.

- Alaina (acflani) former ChatMod​
Hi. I didn't want to speak up about anything regarding the server as I'm afraid that I will get into trouble/banned. Which is the last thing I want because CF is still like a home to me. However, I think it's time that some of these issues are finally brought forward. There are a few things that have already been mentioned so I won't go into detail about those.

There are rules that not everybody will agree with, this includes staff members as well as players. When one rule got changed in particular, this made me angry, upset and sort of disappointed. This is the no violence rule. Now some of you may disagree with me, and that is completely fine! This is just my opinion.

As most of you know, I got demoted for bad mental health. I'm not going into full detail of what happened because that doesn't need to be spoken about publicly. The change of this rule makes me upset because CF is advertised as a family friendly server. Suicide is a sensitive and triggering topic to many people, including myself. I understand why violence is allowed in local chat, but I think suicide is just a step too far.

Now, I'm not going to be attacking the staff team nor am I going to be saying any names. However, I have noticed and I'm sure others has well, that some sarcastic comments come into the conversations at the wrong time. This confuses me as staff are supposed to help players and listen to what they say, rather than make the situation escalate.

I truly care about CF, the staff team and players are all important to me and will always will be. This isn't to attack/hurt anyone, just bring some attention forward so the points can be looked upon and hopefully resolved. I'll always be around to help if anyone needs me.
Three people here have mentioned fear of being banned with no good reason, I think there is a serious issue on the server where due to unexplained bans people have started to get scared to express themselves in fear of being banned. I myself have found that I watch everything I say recently because I'm afraid it might count as 'server toxicity' and might result in a ban. Though I am not saying that the server toxicity bans have been unreasonable - I feel it would be nice if there was some further explanation to what counts as server toxicity and maybe some examples, so that people will stop being so afraid of this. The server is really fun and it's a shame that due to uncertainty regarding previous punishments people are basically afraid of the staff members.

Another thing is, I've noticed that sometimes (not all the time) staff members seem to favor ex staff members. I don't mean this in the sense of casual conversation or general friendship. I have personally seen an occasion in which a staff member did not punish an ex staff member who leaked personal information of mine in global chat (they also happened to be good friends). The staff member hadn't even verbally warned them, which was awful to experience - seeing my personal information leaked out there (something that was only in staff forum, which is how the ex staff member knew) and it going unpunished. Now I'm not saying this to attack anyone, the matter has already been reported to Ecoya and I appreciate the way she's been handling it, I am only mentioning this here because it's a small issue the server has, staff members should be unbiased in punishments and I feel that it is not always the case.

I really like this server, and I think it's great. It isn't as bad as most people say but there still are minor flaws that I wish would be addressed/taken care of.
Also I really really really really really hope this doesn't count as server toxicity because I have spent a crap ton of money on this server. oof.

beaars

Hey! Before I start, I do fully respect CreativeFun, always have, and always will. My feedback is genuinely what I've noticed and what I want to come to light, with no hate towards Creative Fun as I understand the staff team are just fulfilling their duties, and same as Monis and Dawn. Anyways, I'm an ex-moderator (resigned in October 2020), and here's my opinion + why I resigned and how that can be improved. My intention is to only help CF and give some feedback about what I've noticed.

STAFF -
First off, I want to talk about what I've noticed with the staff team, while agreeing with the points above, I want to add the disrespect part.

I've noticed that staff members (obviously won't unnecessarily call them out) can be 'disrespectful' on CF to each other, but somehow players can't. The staff understand that each other are joking and wouldn't warn each other, but players can't be playful towards each other and make the same jokes. For example, I could name countless times where staff members have jokingly said things like 'you smell' 'you're annoying', etc, but if a player said that to another player then they would be verbally warned. I get that staff members can't see directly if they're friends or not, but they could at least be asked in messages/privately first if it was playful or not, or if it is a genuine argument/disrespectful situation. My point here is, a staff member could be rude as a joke to another staff member in global or where everyone can see, but if a player does it to another player its an immediate verbal warn without knowing the context. It seems like a bit of hypocrisy and I feel is another reason why people are scared of staff, because they can't even make jokes to other people without being warned for it verbally.

While it's good the server is kid friendly, it does seem overly kid friendly like said, because most of the players are 13+. I know there may from time to time be younger kids, which is why certain understandable rules are in place like no swearing, but some things can just be very over the top and strict.

MY RESIGNATION -
I'm now going to talk about my resignation in October (one of the 7 recent resignations Teina was talking about, so I feel my input might show some new things). First, my resignation was heavily influenced by multiple things Teina mentioned. It was really worrying having to go on everyday and know you're being 'put under a light' where anything you do might be twisted out of context and given you a demotion. I really did not want anything to cause a demotion, and it got to the point where I examined most things about my profiles, little details about what I said (even though nothing was wrong), etc. Literally to the point where I remember making sure profile pictures where appropriate by looking at small details of peoples shirts making sure it had nothing bad on it, which really proves the pressure that was put onto us as staff. That was probably just me as I didn't want to get demoted at any cost, but I'm sure any other ex staff or staff member could think of something a bit over the top they did to ensure they didn't get demoted. This strictness on the staff causes the staff themself to be strict on players so they don't get demoted, and it doesn't create the best atmosphere for the community. I am also sure many staff members have been afraid to speak on issues they notice as well because of the fear of getting demoted. The pressure can cause staff to be a lot more strict and worried about any little move they make - so what I'm saying here is that if pressure on staff was released a bit more, then the community would be better as a whole as they wouldn't be fearing the staff team as much as they do now.

Another reason I resigned was because of the toll on my mental health it actually took. Having to come online as much as I could (as I didn't want to say I would be inactive a lot of times), and having constant pressure, and even having to put CF above friendships. To contextualize this, someone who really helped me through a lot made a small and accidental mistake and at the time I was so bent on not being demoted or doing anything wrong that I helped get them demoted. Looking back on it, while they did break a smaller rule, they were a great staff member who was dedicated to it and had great ideas to help improve the rules and a small slip up got them immediately demoted. I think the pressure would be so much more lifted and staff would be a lot happier if they were given more chances when they do slight things, or more chances before demotion to give context on the situation, and same goes with players who should be able to give more context on what they said. There is no room for improvement that is given while you're a staff member if you do a slightest slip up, or even while a player, because you can't explain the situation as well as possible because it just gets overlooked or ignored. I've seen appeals where players have obviously improved, but they never get unbanned for things that could've been up to 1 year ago from their appeal. People grow and mature and I think that should be more recognized, and that would help the stop the pressure placed on players and staff.

This brings me to another point about unnecessary and out of context demotions and even warnings. This is just an example to help further my point, but one of my friends (who I've asked and they have allowed me to bring this up), wvnd, was demoted for favoring friends. I remember there being a few factors into the demotion, but what they did was nothing huge. And what got them demoted was just plain out of context.

A player was reported, and the report was not punishable, so wvnd denied the report. If it was punishable, I am 100% sure that she would've muted that player whether friends or not, because she had previously muted her own close friends. I know she didn't want to get demoted and didn't realize what she said could be taken out of context so much, and I know she was extremely dedicated to being a staff member and did try her best. Yet she was barely any chance to explain the situation that day before her demotion. Anyways, later on, she told the player that they could've been muted because they were reported (if what they said was actually mute-able), and she said this as a total joke towards a good friend of hers. She also told the player that the report was dismissed (again, because it was not mute-able). Someone else there had reported what she said as a joke and it was seen by higher staff, and she got demoted for something so out of context which she tried to explain, but got no response for ages. Just to assure this again, this example was to hopefully help everyone see why I believe the things I said above about pressure on staff causing them to be more strict on players.

I don't know if discussing reports with a player was allowed, but she should've been told what she said (even though it was light hearted), was not okay for staff to discuss, if it wasn't. This and many other cases of demotion, whether it be my friends or other people among the community, have opened my eyes to how much the owners don't allow staff or players to improve or learn from their mistakes or even small misunderstandings on the staff's or players end.

Another staff member even said to wvnd (I won't say who for privacy), that they did a lot worse than what wvnd had done yet they got multiple warnings and wvnd received smaller warnings that she didn't even know where warnings. This proves what was stated above about staff being biased to certain people and allowing only certain people (usually friends of staff) to have more room to change.

So again, if CF just allowed players and staff to improve and grow from misunderstandings or mistakes whether it be staff demotions or players being banned, CF would be so much better as a whole and many more people would return to the server because a lot of the fear would be gone and players and staff would be a lot happier when going online.

OVERALL -
I want to bring up how even the person above, Frankiez, who pointed out everyone being worried about being banned - was worried about being banned them-self. Even I'm slightly worried. It just goes to show the fear that staff have created, rather than a loving and understanding community which we all would really appreciate.

Anyways, I do know that everyone on cf is trying their best, especially staff just trying to do their job. But if some small changes would be made, then so many people would come back, and ex staff would also even try to get the chance to be staff again if they really loved being staff. I know I loved it, but near the end it just got too much. It's good to get this off my chest, but if it results in a ban then I guess that's what happens. Thanks for reading if you do, I appreciate it :)

Last edited:

FrodoFTW

I'm the edgy, weird, quirky, annoying guy on this block ahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
sO IM suPPosed To SAy ThaT THe SeRveR ShOuLd BE ShUT Do Wn YOU GET ME?!

Anyway, I'm not gonna write a big essay or anything, but I think that global chat has too many bad vibes going around. I think that's more of an issue with the players, but that's all I give a damn to say right now.

Bobble68

I agree with Frodo that this doesn't need to be a big essay, so I will say what I believe to be the real issues and keep it as brief as I think needed.

There is a general feeling on the server similar to that of those living in a tyrannical dictatorship - people get muted without understanding why, and acknowledging the mutes gets you muted. Players are afraid of speaking out about this, as shown in this thread, despite the fact I have never seen anyone banned for doing so. While I do not believe this is intentional, it IS something that needs to be addressed.
Here are a few stories from my experiences:

Near the beginning of when I first joined the server, I was playing at RvRtime. I'm not going to beat around the bush - I got my first mute for saying 'I'm Sift' (Sift is one of my OCs). The reason if I remember correctly was 'alcoholic references', so I then did several google searches, afraid I had named my favourite character a bad word. When I couldn't find any good results, it became clear that it was a false mute. If it was a mistake, I didn't get a message apologising, so I was left feeling upset and angry at the staff member. I have no idea what happened to this staff member.

Later, (probably about a year later?) I discovered a serious issue with the role system - if a player has a username that is blocked by the chat filter, no action can be taken if they request a role, and since you must respond to them in order, it completely blocks all other role requests. I didn't realise at the time the forums should have been where I reported this issue, so I took to global chat. This was completely my fault, as I then got muted for saying 'alcoholic' when trying to explain the bug. However, I was still upset that I had tried to help the server, and got rewarded by being ignored and muted. I believe that this bug is still an issue, but I am unsure.

So what is common in both of these stories? Both suffer from a lack of communication, and only serve to increase the tensions between staff and players. We generally can't see the good things staff do - but we definitely remember the times we were hurt. Even if the majority of things that are done are good, we have no reason to believe that they are happening. We need a better way to talk to staff - appeals can take hours at best to be responded to, which isn't worth it for a 5 minute mute. We may not complain, but we will remember.

So what am I suggesting?

1) A way to talk to staff members before or after being muted.
2) A way to talk to staff members directly, other than reporting someone.
3) Make it clearer that we are being listened to.

These three things I believe will help with the server toxicity. I know I can be naive at times, and often forgiving to the point that I hurt more people than I help, but I truly believe this is the root of the issue - removing toxic players does not remove the source of the toxicity. I'm going to put these suggestions in the suggestions forum, so that they are separate from this post.

chqrri

1) A way to talk to staff members before or after being muted.
2) A way to talk to staff members directly, other than reporting someone.
3) Make it clearer that we are being listened to.
Hey, you can message staff members directly on the sever with the /msg command or you can ask them for their Discord. I understand your point, as some staff members just tell you to appeal the mute, rather than explaining the mute to you. However, you can always privately messaged the staff member and ask for an explanation

caammmm

Hey, you can message staff members directly on the sever with the /msg command or you can ask them for their Discord. I understand your point, as some staff members just tell you to appeal the mute, rather than explaining the mute to you. However, you can always privately messaged the staff member and ask for an explanation
If ur muted you cant do /msg lol

Last edited:

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
Hello,
Quite a few players have expressed fear of being banned on this thread. You do not need to. You have all been respectful and have given constructive feedback, which we appreciate. At the times when someone was demoted and/or banned, there was always more going on. You most likely do not know what exactly led to their demotion and/or ban, because besides a short description on the Demotions Thread, the reason is kept private. If the demoted and/or banned player explained their demotion and/or ban to you, they may have also twisted the truth about their demotion and/or ban a bit.

Like I said, we do appreciate respectful and constructive feedback. For example,
I've noticed that staff members (obviously won't unnecessarily call them out) can be 'disrespectful' on CF to each other, but somehow players can't. The staff understand that each other are joking and wouldn't warn each other, but players can't be playful towards each other and make the same jokes. For example, I could name countless times where staff members have jokingly said things like 'you smell' 'you're annoying', etc, but if a player said that to another player then they would be verbally warned. I get that staff members can't see directly if they're friends or not, but they could at least be asked in messages/privately first if it was playful or not, or if it is a genuine argument/disrespectful situation. My point here is, a staff member could be rude as a joke to another staff member in global or where everyone can see, but if a player does it to another player its an immediate verbal warn without knowing the context. It seems like a bit of hypocrisy and I feel is another reason why people are scared of staff, because they can't even make jokes to other people without being warned for it verbally.
I think that you made a good point here, this is something I had not thought about and I feel like you are right about it being a bit hypocritical. I think this is indeed something we staff need to discuss about.

maurie

Okay, this might be a bit of a hot take, but let's start off with what rules I would want to be changed.

I believe the rules should be much more lenient. From what I've noticed, the CF age demographic has grown quite a bit since I first started playing. A lot of the people on CF, especially the ones who talk in global chat regularly, are old enough to experience the things the rules prohibit outside of CF. I don't want a big change, like allowing inappropriate builds or generally immature speech, but I would like to see a potential change to the rules around swearing and such, just small tweaks to go along with the demographic CF has built since 2012. I don't expect this change, but it was just an idea I had floating in the back of my mind and I thought I should share it if I wanted it to be considered. I understand that there are still young players on the server, which is why I don't even fully agree with my own idea.

How I feel about the player decline and the recent lack of staff:

This server has been a part of my life since around 2013, I remember the days when you couldn't teleport to a friend in another server because of how full they would get. This leads me back to how the age demographic has changed, whether the change was intentional or not. I still remember some people from back in 2015, and I even ran into an old friend from CF in real life last year, from what I see in global chat today, and from the people I recognize, we all played CF when we were little, no matter if we were 17 or 7 back when we joined the server for the first time. Some people have grown out of Minecraft since then. This obviously takes a toll on the player count, people get older, then get bored, then leave. I never took a long break from CF, so I don't really know the feeling. How I feel about this decline in "original" players is not a big deal, but this life-cycle of playing CF is so much shorter than it used to be. Newer players will leave the server in days because it was fun at first, but then they experience the rules, and they leave.

Of course, I'm not close to people who roleplay and linger in local chat because that's not the type of player I am anymore, so I don't want to speak on their behalf. I also don't want to go into too much detail about the lack of staff because I haven't formed a good enough opinion on it, but since I have been more active on the server lately, I'll put a few cents in. When I play on the server it's rare that I see staff online, and when I do it's either for a brief period of time or they leave as soon as another staff member gets on. This makes me believe that since I was staff in 2018, the charm of staff being close like a family is fading away. Again, I'm not a staff member either so I don't want to suggest any changes to the staff team, but it's definitely changed since which could be the reason why a lot of staff have been leaving recently.

How I feel about the server as a hole:

I love CF, I always have, and I probably always will, but I believe that to keep the server dynamic and fun, Monis and Dawn should change the server with the demographic it has. To put it plainly, I love CF and everyone on it, but it has become bland, and I want new players to experience that mixture of love and welcome-ness I feel now when they join the server.

teiina

Hello,
Quite a few players have expressed fear of being banned on this thread. You do not need to. You have all been respectful and have given constructive feedback, which we appreciate. At the times when someone was demoted and/or banned, there was always more going on. You most likely do not know what exactly led to their demotion and/or ban, because besides a short description on the Demotions Thread, the reason is kept private. If the demoted and/or banned player explained their demotion and/or ban to you, they may have also twisted the truth about their demotion and/or ban a bit.
I understand where you’re coming from, but when you understand their demotion fully and were there with them, you are a witness to the demotion not being fully truthful. Im not giving examples or names, but they had to no chance to clear it up. I understand some people may twist it but majority don’t when you were there with them. Sometimes to be fair the higher ups get the wrong idea, rather than trying to resolve it. Honestly no hard feelings, I understand where you’re coming from.

acflani

Hello,

Like I said, we do appreciate respectful and constructive feedback. For example,

I think that you made a good point here, this is something I had not thought about and I feel like you are right about it being a bit hypocritical. I think this is indeed something we staff need to discuss about.
I do agree with a lot of your points but I feel as if there are many factors for some and none for another. I’m just going to put out an example involving myself, I had never been warned, and my situation was taken out of context with an immediate demote. Even the person who reported it disagreed with my demotion, (I’m not going to name for their privacy). Sometimes I feel as if situations can be taken very out of context and I see why many people are afraid to talk to staff.

Staff overall have a very different look on many rules I feel, and some players do. Some people say something without realizing it was rude or against the rules because it’s simply how they are raised. Yet appealing won’t get them anywhere because the staff who looks at is disagrees, even if another staff agrees. Another example is mutes from what I see mutes wise a friend of mine said something wrong and it was reported then rejected by one staff but before when she said it - it was a mute.

Agreeing with beaars above but with my example, me and teina are obviously very close. We would always joke around calling each other names or things in global. She would say something rude and I’d say it back, but the minute anyone else did it (player wise) it was an immediate mute.

I’m gonna touch base on one more thing, new rules. Not everyone has discord and can see when a new rule is added. When the new rules get added some people simply don’t know and they break the rule. I feel as if when a new rule is added it needs to be more announced. This being a new banner/pop up thingy in the server or something else.

Overall I really think there needs to be a talk about some rules with the staff, demotions/warnings, and what is a rightful mute. Again no hate to anyone I just want to see this server at its full potential once again.

Pluto

As I read most of these player's reflections/feedback and seeing how this server is currently running (Keep in mind this is based off of what I currently see so none of this is my own opinion yet) It appears that the server has 1. massive trust issues between staff and players because staff can be strict about rules according to the players and some staff. More surprising I see a lack of trust as well as lack of information sharing between staff and server admins whether it be a lack of proper inactivity announcement and/or a lack of response after a staff member resigns. 2. From the player's AND resigned staff's point of view the server appears to be suppressing the general public's right to opinion to the point that players will either call out a staff (or even ex staff) at a roleplay and start acting nice out of fear of being muted or banned for something completely irrational, punished for expressing opinion, or something so minor and insignificant but still being punished too harshly. In some cases the players will straight up leave the plot they're on to escape the staff member, again out of fear for things that I've previously mentioned. (Though there are some ideals and opinions that should not be brought up but we know what those are already) 3. So you know how governments of some countries will keep their citizens in a state of believing in only that country and seeing literally everything else as either inferior or barbaric and outlawing any form of practice or mention of said other countries? Well that's basically my third point, I understand the idea of not wanting people advertising other servers or websites and whatnot but to suppress it to such a degree that even just mentioning the name of another website/server better yet, mentioning the topic could get you muted seems a little extreme.

Most of the points I listed are some of the biggest problems of the server however the staff response is that "those rules are put in place in order to stay kid friendly." again I stress these points have literally NOTHING to do with being "kid friendly" or having a "kid friendly" environment. This is mainly the suppression of rights that most people hold in their home countries. I used to think that's how server just operated with strict guidelines, however creativefun appears to take this to the extreme. The decided to squeeze the playerbase and forcing it to obey ridiculous rules that make me feel like I'm not even living in America anymore. I think if these ridiculous rules were softened, or abolished then the distrust and fear would begin to evaporate as well as the fog of misinformation or lack thereof being lifted and then and only then would the staff, players, and admin would be much more aware of each other and their status as well as feeling more comfortable talking to each other.

Side Note: I really freaking love this server, there's nothing quite like it out there. I just wish that I didn't have to roleplay and play minigames in fear or watch other people suffer through it too. I'm expressing my opinion because I want the server to be better and to thrive as it should and not suffer through dramatic staff resign waves or dwindling player count.

likely my account will likely be added to the many accounts that have been banned because I expressed my opinion, but if it does then I will have proved my point so fight me staff, it's my opinion and we're not in the 1200s.

Last edited: