Complaint about the overprotective rules that CF has.

alcxa

Reactions
117 15 0
@russian_doggo The filter is being worked on and this is a kid-friendly server.
Also, according to your forums page, you're 31 years old. You should know this better, Sir.
And if you have a problem with the rules and filters, you should make a suggestion here:
Server Suggestions

ImJustKpopTrash

Chat Moderator
Reactions
75 7 0
I personally don't see the rules are being too strict as it is a kid-friendly server and if it's working for the server, then I say just leave it be y'know. If it works and it works well then there's no need to change,

However I do agree with some of the points but personally, I don't see a point in making a change so. eh.

Reactions
6 0 0
Kid-friendly server is right, but it takes it too far? Most people on here (staff, donors etc.) are, technically, kids, but they are aware of many controversial 'innapropiate' content that is too 'mature' or whatever.
I mean I'm not asking for drastic changes but they barely let you get away with non-context jokes, non-context references, even mentioning a server to your friend in /msg etc.
So uh yeah

Blocksanity

Reactions
400 26 0
Monis has made several announcements that he is working on the chat filter please be patient and follow the rules.

ImJustKpopTrash

Chat Moderator
Reactions
75 7 0
The rules, aren't too strict and the chat filter is still in beta it'll work much better when it's fully ready, so just leave monis to do his job and it'll be much better

_OmniiPotent_

Reactions
442 15 0
there's a difference between strict rules, and a lot of detail.
For example, another server I play on, has about 5 rules, and they're all incredibly vague allowing staff to basically mute for whatever they want.
It's important to recognize that our rules are incredibly detailed, and so easier to understand what not to do, rather than 5 vague statements.

Reactions
6 0 0
I'm aware of Monis' announcements, but you're just side-stepping the problem by repeating that we should wait for him to make more noticeable changes, recognise that he's making them, being patient, being good and don't get muted. (For blocksanity)

And yeah, it's important to have detailed rules, but some of it is just.... sad. That's all

Last edited:
Reactions
6 0 0
You know what it's about ;;p - how overprotective it can be and uncanny. They're making changes which is great, but most of it (currently) is about false-positive changes. Sure, it's good and solid, but really? Some things that are mute-worthy are sad, unnecessary and quite frankly annoying

I love cf and it's great but damn....

Reactions
8 0 0
I agree, the filter is too strict and is very broken. Sometimes, it won't let me use certain words in a general context. Such as 'Torment'. I really hope it get's fixed.

Reactions
6 0 0
I've stated many times that i'm aware of them and look at them so why say that when I've already clarified it xD And i'm sure any others have read it/know of it

Reactions
1 0 0
I agree in every way. I swear to god, even if I played a year ago, you literally couldn't say anything that was in any way related to something 18+. Hell, I got muted for rping as an actual 19 year old (no alcohol or drug reference). We shouldn't have to literally be so kid friendly as to change ourselves drastically just to express ourselves. Yes, I get that kids play on this server but it is not okay that we have to change ourselves. I'm a naturally what some would call closed and a bit, well, dark. And I have to change myself a lot for this server. I don't know why I have, but it's changed my life completely in my time playing. This server does things to you over time when you actually play it due to the rules.