It's time to host a server wide build contest! This contest is open to all players including staff.
The top 3 finalists of the contest will be awarded with a rank or rank upgrade depending on what their current rank is. If you're a $100 donator rank and you win, you'll be given the option to choose who you want to give the rank to. First place will receive $35, second place will receive $25 and third place will receive $10. The contest ends on December 1st and a home page post will mention the winners and showcase their builds.
How to participate?
When you have finished your build you need to make a post on this thread with your username, the server it was built on and the plot ID. You can find your plot id by using /plot info
- Username: SuperMonis
- Server: Creative2
- Plot ID: -22;-115
There is no set theme for this contest however there are certain things we'll be looking for which will likely increase your chances of winning.
Criteria that will help you stand out:
- Cohesiveness: The state in which all the parts and assets of a build are ordered in a cohesive and understandable manner and they all fit together in a non-cramped manner which helps the overall build.
- Palette: The blocks used in a build which must be compatible and pleasing to the eye, and benefit the structure in their placement and use, benefiting from the color theory.
- Shape: The different shapes of the build which must benefit the structure as a whole and must be pleasing to the eye.
- Detailing: The details used to bring a build to life, enhancing the theming and style by adding related assets or parts which aren't strictly important for the main build but benefit it immersion-wise.
- Interiors: The existence of interiors to different builds and not just empty spaces, which must be compatible with the style and shape of the buildings.
- Landscape: The natural features of a build, may it be in terraforming, hydroforming or forestry and gardening which must all be well placed and cohesive with the style and palette / color.
- Style: The stylistic choice on which the build is founded and how it is made which may not be broken or tainted with other unrelated styles.
- Extras: The special features of a build such as: banners, particles, commands or command block tricks which enhance a build outside of the architectural field.
- Quality: The existence of a cohesive and standard quality in a build which most permeate all of it and servers to enhance cohesiveness.
- Scale: The scale of a build which must be consistent and standard and can be manipulated in certain cases to enhance the visual experience or structural detailing options.
The Judges are @Darlxx @CookehCrumb and @ThtAwkwardMoment
The build must be on Creative2 or Creative3 (Build CANNOT be on Creative1, sorry Creative1 fanboys/fangirls)
You are not allowed to post a build you have already made before the 3rd of November, only new builds starting from the 3rd of November are allowed
You are allowed to get help from other players however only ONE person can submit the build and only that player will receive the reward if they win. You must also get permission from all those players if you do happen to submit a build where you got help from other players.
WorldEdit is allowed however the use of forge mods are not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- Show all