Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

1.16.3 Update

Hi everyone,

The 1.16 update is finally here! We are excited to announce that the server has officially updated to 1.16.3. This thread will mostly cover the worldedit commands that work, commands that are not yet supported, new /inspect plugin, chat filter progress and new features we plan on adding to the server this year.

Important note: /plot home <name> will no longer work and you will need to use /plot visit <name> to visit the plots of other players.

WorldEdit Implemented Commands
As of now this is the list of WorldEdit commands that will work on 1.16:
  • //set
  • //copy
  • //paste
  • //cut
  • //rotate
  • //flip
  • //walls
  • //faces
  • //replace
  • //undo
  • //redo
  • //center
  • //pyramid
  • //cylinder
  • //sphere
  • //hsphere
  • //hpyramid
  • //hcylinder
  • //drain
  • //removeabove
  • //removebelow
  • //fixwater
  • //removenear
  • //snow
  • //thaw
  • //line
  • //hollow
  • //overlay
  • //smooth
  • //mask
WorldEdit Implemented Brushes
As of now this is the list of WorldEdit brushes that will work on 1.16:
  • //brush sphere
  • //brush cylinder
  • //brush smooth
  • //brush clipboard
Commands that do not work yet
These commands will not work correctly yet:
  • //setbiome
  • //fill
  • //gmask
  • //clearhistory
  • //curve
  • //deform
  • //move
  • //naturalize
  • /farwand
  • /floodfill
  • //lrbuild
  • /repl
WorldEdit block limit and performance
The new worldedit block limit is 500,000, this may be scaled down if we find that there are performance issues on the server however from my own testing both the speed and performance can keep up:
Speed: 2.6 seconds

Performance impact: 2% cpu usage

Known issues
We have fixed numerous bugs over the past few weeks that were discovered on Creative4 and are aware that there are still some features that are not working as intended. The current state of our WorldEdit plugin is that it is now safe to be used on the live server and the remaining features that have not yet been implemented can easily be added at a later date. This includes the following:

Flip not retaining rotations
The flip command does not retain the original rotation of blocks, original is on the left while the flipped version is on the right:

Rotating walls
Rotating blocks such as walls regardless of the angle used will apply the incorrect transformation:

Replace with one argument does not exclude air
Using replace with only one argument will set every block to what you specified as the argument including air:

Undoing multiple edits will send a message for every edit that is undone
Undoing multiple edits will display an undo complete message for every edit that was undone which will cause your chat to get spammed, example used is //undo 5

Block logging
We have overhauled our block logging plugin to fix many issues with the old system, plot owners can rollback their own plot and any time a rollback is performed it will now show up in the inspect data.

Inspecting placed blocks:

Inspecting broken blocks:

Performing a rollback:

Inspecting the build after the rollback is completed:

New block entities that are limited per chunk
The new block entities that were introduced in 1.14 to 1.16 are limited per chunk.

Limited block entities:

Banned blocks
The following new blocks/items have been banned: Respawn anchor, jigsaw block, scaffolding, target block and crossbows.

Banned blocks/items:

Donator pets and disguises
[$35] can now have pillager and piglin pets
[$45] can now have bee and fox pets
[$55] can now have hoglin, panda, strider and zoglin pets

[$75] can now have pillager and piglin disguises
[$85] can now have bee and fox disguises
[$100] can now have hoglin, panda, strider and zoglin disguises

Improving the chat filter
We are working on an easy way for players to be able to report falsely blocked messages from the chat filter, if a message you write gets blocked by the filter there will be an additional message in chat saying something similar to "If you believe this was blocked falsely [Click Here] to report it". By clicking on the "[Click Here]" text, the blocked message you tried to send will be saved to our database where we can analyse the word that caused it to be blocked and prevent it from being blocked in the future. We will be updating the filter on a regular basis and our focus will be fixing the false positives that are reported by using the button.

New server features are on the way!
A large amount of time and effort for the past year went into creating our own worldedit plugin which as a result meant that we were unable to add new things. Now that this plugin is mostly finished we have a ton of new features and ideas that we would like to implement on the server! Two new server features are on the way and will be branded as the waypoint update and the storyline update. We hope that these new features foster innovation for builds, roleplays and minigames!

Staff applications
If you meet all the requirements on becoming a staff member feel free to create an application here: https://creativefun.net/apply as we are always looking for new people to add to the team.

Finally...
I'd like to apologize for the long wait, it has been over a year and a few months since the server has been stuck on 1.13.2 and I'd like to make up for the delay with regular new features for the server and constant updates to the filter. I am grateful for the patience that everyone has had. Thank you to everyone that has chosen CreativeFun as their server to play on, it means a lot to me and I hope to keep the server a fun place to build and socialize on. I want to thank all of the donators too, creating our own worldedit plugin was a time consuming job but I was motivated to get it done because of you all.

With all of that out of the way, have fun building with the new blocks! :D

achromic_apology

We are working on an easy way for players to be able to report falsely blocked messages from the chat filter, if a message you write gets blocked by the filter there will be an additional message in chat saying something similar to "If you believe this was blocked falsely [Click Here] to report it". By clicking on the "[Click Here]" text, the blocked message you tried to send will be saved to our database where we can analyse the word that caused it to be blocked and prevent it from being blocked in the future. We will be updating the filter on a regular basis and our focus will be fixing the false positives that are reported by using the button.
Wonderful! User input will greatly increase the quality of the chat filter from now on!
And what's this?? An update to the chat filter on a regular basis?? I thought it was only an urban legend!

aiiri

I screamed when I received the notif of this from discord. Thank you sm for all the hard work!!

BaconSunshine

Finally, I'm so excited about this but can the next update be a fix on the sit command, It breaks a lot so it looks like your glitched into the chair but really your standing on top of it?

FancyCoconut

Banned blocks/items:

What's the reason for the target block being banned, cus I'd like to use it as a decoration block, I understand its banned for possible Redstone lagging or something else because as far as I know the target block only works when projectiles are used on it and all projectiles are unusable on the server?
And just a suggestion, but can't u just restrict the redstone on it like the lecturn cus the lecturn when a book is used on it the redstone signal is immediately cut off to just a short pulse.

P.S- OMGOMG 1.16 yess!!!

Last edited:
1.16.3 Woohoo! A thank you to SuperMonis and those who helped make this happen.
I have already enjoyed spreading the detail that lanterns and other blocks add to a plot~