Improvement Username Tagging - some quick feedback

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 144, Jan 12, 2017.

1. 144

144 Well-Known Member

I made this thread a few weeks ago, and the suggestion was implemented recently. Having watched people use it, I have a few improvements to suggest:

Currently, when someone uses a tag, only the person who is tagged can see it. I think the person who posted the chat message containing the tag should also see it

A cooldown should be added to stop players being tagged many times in a very short time period, this will discourage tag spam and fits the intention of the tag plugin which is to get the attention of a user where using /msg may not be appropriate

Asking for tags fits the definition of spam encouragement - this should be made known

The format of the highlighted name could be changed a bit, to make it more visible and less confusing when lots of people have golden usernames.

&k (the rapidly changing characters - a format that is currently not used at all in the global chat) combined with a thin letter such as i or l (this will make the random characters all thin) is a nice way to draw attention to a specific part of chat, with all of the colors and formats that are already active in the global chat.

#1 144, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Selfehh

Selfehh Active Member

I think theres a glitch which is associated with the implemention of tagging, in ./l when you speak and the speech goes over one line, the second line (and following) would become white. When you copy/paste a website into the chat (obviously a cf fourm thread), the website isn't clickable.

3. Alimonino

Alimonino Active Member

I dont think that it should be exclusive to the tagger / person being tagged. You could just use /msg

4. oriiion

oriiion Well-Known Member

/msg doesn't make a noise.

5. Alimonino

Alimonino Active Member

why do you need a noise it is bright blue l0l

6. oriiion

oriiion Well-Known Member

unless the person isn't actually viewing minecraft? like, if they went to check the website or something??

• Like Like x 1
  • About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store