Progress Report 23/11/2017

Discussion in 'Server Updates' started by SuperMonis, Nov 23, 2017.

1. SuperMonis

SuperMonis Server Owner
    Owner

Progress Report 23/11/2017

[​IMG]
    Hi all,

Not much has been going on with the server in terms of new features so I thought that it would be a good time to explain the current situation and what the future plans are. In general the chat report system needs some major reform for an upcoming feature that will introduce another element to the server which has not yet been seen - https://creativefun.buycraft.net/category/1040129

Beta tester:

This is reserved for an upcoming feature that needs a large amount of testing before being moved to the live server and will revolutionise the way you play on the server. Testing will take place on Creative4 from an undisclosed date where you will be required to buy a Beta Tester Pass in order to join the server. Allowing every player to test the new feature will most likely cause lots of crashes due to the large amount of players which is why we have chosen to make this a paid whitelist service. The likely set price for a Beta Tester Pass will be $10. Once testing is over, Creative4 will be closed and the feature will be implemented on each creative server allowing all players to use it. Each Beta Tester will be given access to a special chat room as well as an exclusive role on the CreativeFun Discord where you can openly communicate issues or just chat with other Beta Testers. You can join the official discord server with this link: discord.gg/WxyCR49

Reporting messages:

The current reporting system has been effective at getting players to report messages in chat much more easily but it's not perfect for particular situations that may involve spam or context. This is why a major reform is being done with the way messages are reported and how staff deal with them. The new reporting system will make it so that when you try to report a message you will be able to view the previous 3 messages that the user typed and the future 3 messages (if the user has typed in chat after the message you are reporting). This is useful for both players and staff as the context may influence whether the player deserves to be muted or not. You will also be able to report spam using the in-game system since reporting messages will show the time of when the message was sent.

Everything explained above involves making the chat report system more effective but there are other concerns that players have had for months. The new chat report system will be much more informative for both the player being muted and the player that created the report. When a player is muted from a report they will be given a message informing them about the staff member who muted them, the reason for the mute, the time remaining until the mute expires and the exact message the user typed which resulted in them receiving the mute. The player who created the report will receive a notification in chat about the status of their report. This means that you will receive a notification in chat whenever your report is confirmed or dismissed and the staff member who dealt with your report will also be displayed.

I've gone over the effective and informative changes of the new reporting system but now I'll mention how changes are being made to prevent staff from abusing their power. You will be able to use /history which will display every single report you have ever made and the status of each report. As mentioned above, a notification is given about your report being confirmed or dismissed but your report may have been dealt with incorrectly. If you believe that a report was dismissed when the user clearly deserved to be muted then you are able to report the staff member who dealt with the report by clicking on the report in the GUI. This will forward the report to higher staff who will give a final verdict about whether the staff member deserves a warning or not and you will receive a notification about the action that was taken. If you are muted from a report and believe that you did not deserve the mute you will be able to screenshot the mute and higher staff will review the mute to see whether you deserved the mute or not. It's important to note that this process may change as I am trying to get away from using screenshots and to use in-game features instead.

Staff applications:

As of right now we are looking for more staff members (particularly ChatMods). The report count has reset in preparation of the new chat report system that is being worked on. This means that everyone now has 0 confirmed and dismissed reports so utilise this to maintain a good confirmed to dismissed report ratio as this is a key factor that staff will be looking at when viewing your application. Someone with 15 confirmed reports and 4 dismissed reports is in a better position than someone who has 16 confirmed reports and 14 dismissed reports.

Now with all that said, Happy thanksgiving! :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. xx_dandaman_xx

xx_dandaman_xx Chat Moderator
    Chat Moderator

Can't wait to see the new reporting system, sounds very informative, detailed and this will help all of us with reporting, I just hope it get's added in the nearby future.
    Thanks for the update, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lion Jump

Lion Jump New Member

I had a good ratio of reports before it got reset... and I just posted my Chatmod app.... :(

4. CoolGuy5785

CoolGuy5785 New Member

Oooo. Ouch.

5. HelloYes

HelloYes Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

Sounds awesome, keep up the good work Monis! :)

6. ikigaii

ikigaii Well-Known Member

Sounds great Monis, thank you and good work on this!

And to everyone else, Happy Thanksgiving!

7. dqsirable

dqsirable Member

I've already applied ages ago. views > replies am i right?
    Anyway, looking good! Can't wait to see what the future holds.

8. ChristmasEv

ChristmasEv Website Moderator
    Server Moderator Website Moderator

When will we be able to buy the beta tester pass? :^)

9. StripeMC

StripeMC New Member

#StripeDidNothingWrong2017
    #OceanRights2017

10. Shoxck

Shoxck Active Member

cf4. nice.

11. 144

144 Well-Known Member

Will a Beta Tester pass carry over after this new feature is implemented and be usable for future beta testing?

12. TwentyOnePhoebe

TwentyOnePhoebe Well-Known Member

i wish the best for this server

13. Blqckberry

Blqckberry Well-Known Member

sounds cool

14. Pie3

Pie3 Chat Moderator
    Chat Moderator

can I make cf4 spawn

15. ToastNotBread

ToastNotBread Active Member

Is CF 4 just going to be a testing server forever, or will it open to the public for everyone to play?

16. clarkke

clarkke Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is already a thing, but will in-game reporting include chat channels to the info?

17. _OuterSpace_

_OuterSpace_ New Member

So glad to hear about the new reporting, as many reports require context to be clear on what the player did wrong.

18. Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Mr_DagALkeef_B7 New Member

Great job, Monis. Also, I liked the shader. Keep going on bro. <3

• About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store