General Forum Etiquette Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Eire, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Eire

Eire Well-Known Member

As I hit 500 likes, I decided to make this post. I've noticed that a lot of players don't act very.. mannerly on the forums. This isn't the rules, or official in any way, but it's the unwritten things. Despite things that most other forums allow (bumping, which isn't allowed here stupidly), there's some things that this forum doesn't allow. I'm remaking this thread with a few additions, striking out what's been accomplished. I'm also a bit of a lazy butt and couldn't be bothered to rewrite everything so I'll just add on to it c:
    • Don't make duplicate threads. By this I mean don't make multiple threads of the same suggestion, multiple threads about the same issue etc. This also applies to posts. Is there really a need to post "Lacks detail. Edit it with the correct format." three times? I get that it might happen you post after someone very quickly, but if someone has already posted it there isn't a need to post it again. Note this does not mean you can quote it and simply write "agreed" or "^". #JustLikeIt
    • Do not use a huge signature. Self explanatory really. If you're really intend on having a huge signature, I'd be happy to do some coding on it and shorten it.
    • Don't abuse the tagging feature. There's a couple of things you shouldn't do.
    1. Don't tag people after you've quoted them. Eg. [Quoting Bob]As @ Bob just said, it isn't neccesary to tag users like this. It spams their notifications without reason. One of the things that's even more annoying is tagging someone on their own thread. Just don't do it.
    2. Tagging owners/web mods/mods on threads that need attending. Now I'm no web mod, but I know @Nak- Oh no. We already learned not to do that. Didn't we. Anyways, but I know Nakir has expressed her annoyance at being tagged in reports and whatnot. They're already busy enough, it's just a bother to be tagging them. They'll get along to things when they get along to them.
    • The only reason you should tag someone is when you want them to look at something that they haven't seen already, or isn't going to be seen by them without this. Eg. Tim sees a post on Sally's wall. Thinks Bob would enjoy it, so he tags bob. This is a good use of the tagging feature. Another example is Sally makes a thread. Tim knows that Bob would like the thread, but Bob hasn't replied to it yet. As he can't quote Bob to get his attention, he tags him. This is a good use of the tagging feature.
    • Don't let threads go on too long. This is something I've seen on lots of mod apps. The thread gets to 6 or 7 pages and people start posting "Why aren't you a mod yet" "6 pages! wow!" or start arguing. This isn't polite to the person whose app it is, so please don't do this. It could affect your future applications. This isn't exactly relevant anymore, but in the case of chatmod apps becoming public again, I'll leave it here.
    • This is one of the main additions I'd like to talk about. Likespams. Previously, whether a person was a member, or a well known member, was kind of an achievement. Now it's worthless, and I find it annoying, because I'm proud of the fact that I had nearly 600 likes for my actual content, though people don't recognise that. The fundamental thing with them is the name, likespam. They're spammy, and unnecessary. Let's make likes mean something again. #DontLikeIt
    If anyone has any other suggestions, please comment them below. This is in no way official, but it's just something I think people should read.
    ~Ayl

#1 Eire, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. PopKaii

PopKaii Well-Known Member

you explain all of my annoyances in one thread

thank you so much

i literally love you

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. BluestRavenclaw

BluestRavenclaw Active Member

Great rules. Imma follow these in future, even though most people already do(including me)
    Contradicting myself is fun
    I hate it.

4. GoldenRay

GoldenRay Well-Known Member

I personally don't mind the like spam. However, I do understand how people may feel if their hard earned six hundred likes is no longer appreciated because everybody had six hundred likes from like spams. And also, I really like this thread. Don't forget to add that some people find irrelevant conversations on their threads annoying. I.E. a thread about sandwiches has two pages worth of two people fighting over whether apples are better than peanut butter. A lot of people forget this, and I don't mind too much, however sometimes it is really annoying. So yeah, new tip: If you're going to post a random comment, at least don't make it carry on too long. ;-;

5. abbicado

abbicado Well-Known Member

I agree with your post. I've seen certain players have conversations of their own on other players threads. Make a conversation.

6. GoldenRay

GoldenRay Well-Known Member

#JustRateIt xD I'm going to stop now, though, because this is irrelevant.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. tristessee

tristessee Well-Known Member

She stated that she agrees with you, but she also added something extra. It is only when, "I agree" alone is in a comment when the poster is reminded to "just like it".

#7 tristessee, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. pseudont

pseudont Well-Known Member

Crap. Eire always writes things that I cannot do or achieve. I need help.

9. tristessee

tristessee Well-Known Member

(Deleted. I misread something. Oops.)

10. pseudont

Please don't misread my posts. It's a daily life struggle for me to even type something. xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Eire

Eire Well-Known Member

Eire gets lots of inspiration from Scrael, she's just more forceful than him c:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scrael

Scrael Well-Known Member

And Scrael gets lots of information from Eire, we work together to conquer the world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. pseudont

Eire x Scrael

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Eire

Eire Well-Known Member

Noam's quite a few years older than me. Let's not with the shipping please c:

#14 Eire, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scrael

Scrael Well-Known Member

This irritates me. This and everything this stands for.

16. KaKashi7_

KaKashi7_ Well-Known Member

Can we agree that if shipping irritates someone - for example, the pair above - that we should not continue to tease people? Thanks. c:

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. pseudont

i think this thread is important c;

18. Eire

Eire Well-Known Member

Thanks. But.. I'd also prefer if this thread didn't get locked for necroposting .-.

19. pseudont

sorry but when threads get locked no arguments can start, i guess... yay...

20. YandereMagmaChan

YandereMagmaChan Well-Known Member

Last comment before this gets locked

• About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store