Custom Plugins

Discussion in 'Server Updates' started by SuperMonis, Jun 19, 2015.

1. SuperMonis

SuperMonis Server Owner
    Owner

It's been a while since any real news about the server has been made so I would like to keep the community informed about what is going on. We plan to refine both player experience and server performance in the upcoming few months by improving the prevailing plugins we are using and optimizing them further. Hub information will not be given until enough progress is made.

Chat Filter (Bugs)

There have been many complaints about the flawed chat censor, mainly about how there are many false positives and easy ways to bypass it. A new chat filter is already in the works to stop caps, repetitions, spam and even server advertisement with no false positives. It is a very advanced system stopping even the most creative ways of bypassing chat since it uses RegEx for exceptions. We hope that this will create a safe and child friendly environment for the players of Creative Fun. This same filter will also be applied to local chat to prevent people from bypassing the rules.

Local Chat (Done)

Currently the local chat does its job, it allows players to roleplay with other players if they are in a certain radius. This was very limiting as you could sometimes have someone roleplaying on the plot next to you and still see what they are saying. This will no longer be an issue with the new local chat plugin, it will essentially work as a plot chat plugin in which you cannot talk on the roads but only on the plot you standing on. In addition to this players no longer have to be in /local to receive messages in local, you will be able to see the messages of what players send in local if you are on global and on the same plot. Keep in mind that being muted on global also mutes you on local and vice versa.

Banned Items (Done)

Many people were able to bypass certain item bans such as potions and eye of enders with the old plugin, we are now using a custom plugin to handle blacklisted items which is a lot more efficient and has increased server performance. An official thread showing all banned items on the server can be found here. For convenience banned items will also be posted here. Item frames and paintings can be placed only 3 times per chunk, same goes for armour stands and you can only place up to 2 minecarts per plot.

Tiles (Done)

Recently the amount of tiles you can use in one chunk has been limited, meaning you can only place a definied number of items which are classed as tiles. This has caused a significant performance improvement in maintaining high TPS (preventing lag). You can only place 40 tiles in one specific area.

SpamBots and Spam (Done)

The server will only allow 3 users to share the same ip when they are on the server, the server will not allow over 3 users to use the same ip to connect to the server. You can only send 1 command per 3 seconds and send a message in chat once every 3 seconds. The command cooldown may change in the future if it becomes problematic. You cannot send a duplicate message either.

LogBlock

Greifing other players hard work has invariably been a problem, so we are introducing LogBlock. By using the command /lb tb you should be given paper, use the paper to left click on blocks that have been placed and right click on missing blocks to find out who the culprit is. Admins+ will be able to rollback any greif at a plot so don't worry you won't have to spend time clearing it all, your builds will always be safe. Sometimes checking the data of block placement gives no result, this may be due to the database being reset every month. LogBlock currently has some issues when being used on plots you are not added to, this is also scheduled to be fixed.

Name change bugs (Testing...)

We are now using a new plugin to handle permissions and ranks, this means that users will not lose their rank upon changing username. Currently a solution is being worked on for /male and /female to update when a player changes username.

Friend system (Done)

Commands:
    /friend add <username>
    /friend remove <username>
    /friend list
    You can only add a user to your friend list if they are online. The friend list allows you to check the online/offline status of added friends, if you click on the head of the player it will send a tpa request.

New economy system

(-)

Daily Restarts

(-)

Buycraft Perks

(-)

Note: This post will be updated as progress is made

#1 SuperMonis, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 26
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Dat Fat Cat Alan

Friends system!? :Oo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lego_

Lego_ Member

Fwiends<3

4. Queenwillie

Queenwillie New Member

We needs da friends systems.

5. KrazyCatLadee

KrazyCatLadee Member

Gimme de friends system!

6. Danya

Danya Guest

what does the friend system do?

7. Dawnkillerx

Dawnkillerx Server Co-Owner
    Co-Owner Financial Advisor

It'll basically make finding your friends on the server easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MrWolfGuy30

MrWolfGuy30 New Member

I agree with this entirely :p

9. YASSSSSSS<3
    We've been needing a friend system!

10. Cupcake Tantrum

Yes a friend system!
    Now all I need is friends!
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. _I_AM_GROOT_

_I_AM_GROOT_ Member

I NEEDZ FREINDS

12. _I_AM_GROOT_

_I_AM_GROOT_ Member

this is red

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. General C

General C New Member

Yes. All the yes

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mandopop

Mandopop Well-Known Member

This will save the spam that goes on in chat when people say, "Are any of my friends online?"

15. Plara

Plara Mapmaker
    Chat Moderator Mapmaker

I think that was the main reason.

16. Mandopop

Yeah.

17. Nakir

Nakir Boss Lady
    Staff Management

You will have a list of people you have friended (I believe it is planned to be a chest GUI). In this list you will be able to see who is online and who is offline. Makes it easier than going through the whole server list (especially since during high population hours the whole server list won't display.)

18. Mandopop

Isn't there an option to tpa to them there as well? Or is that not included? Sorry, got a lot of my stuff on my head right now.

19. Larryjames23

Larryjames23 Well-Known Member

Friends system! Finally Creative fun Can be considered Social Media! xD

20. Nakir

Nakir Boss Lady
    Staff Management

It's an option, but I don't think we're including it (some people like their privacy). Not entirely sure yet.

• About Us

We're currently one of the largest creative servers available. We offer large plots, WorldEdit upon voting, roleplays, cross-server chat for communication no matter which server you're on and much more! Why not say hello to us at creativefun.eu
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Store

The owners and developers work very hard to make sure new features are added that will bring an enjoyable experience for all users. Support us in bringing brand new ideas and features to the server.

Visit the store